Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint re. S23Ultra order & false advertising.

(Topic created on: 07-03-2023 10:38 AM)
SparkoneGKSC
Journeyman
Options

Galaxy S23 Ultra.

I placed an order (and paid in full) for S23 Ultra on 1st March, and selected the (paid-for) 'next day delivery' option.

I compromised on the colour, as the graphite was listed as in stock, but the black was not.

On 2nd March, I received a notification that the delivery was delayed by 2 weeks by the courier.

I telephoned CustomerServices the same day - 2nd March (ref. 2******) to explain that this was not acceptable.  I was assured that the matter would be escalated (delivery expedited) as high priority, and that somebody would contact me within 24-48hrs.  I was also told that the delay was related to stock allocation, and not inflicted by the courier.  30 minutes after this call, I received another email reaffirming the 2 week delay.  No resolution or information.

I telephoned CustomerServices again on 3rd March, to follow-up and hopefully get a firm delivery date. I was again told to allow 24-48hrs, and that someone would contact me.  Nobody contacted me following this call.  No resolution or information.

I telephoned CustomerServices again on 6th March (ref. 2******), and explained the whole sutuation again. I also gave details of legal requirements (DSR) and expected business etiquette.  I also explained my next-step intentions.  The agent requested that I give him 24-48hrs to look into it, and that he definitely would contact me.  I did receive an email, informing me that a fixed delivery date could not be given, and that it should be despatched by the end of the month.  I was assured that the complaint had be lodged, but considering how CustomerServices have strung me along since paying for the order, thought it prudent to raise my complaint through other avenues (this forum being the first).  No resolution or information.

I contacted Apple and made enquiries about the iPhone 14 Pro Max.  It is in stock, and can be delivered the next day, or picked up at the local outlet on the same day!   How this level of business should be!

I required a new phone as a matter of urgency.  The next day delivery availability was the deciding factor to my ordering through Samsung.

Samsung were dishonest to acquire orders.

False advertising (stock and delivery).

According to the DSR regulations, if I do not receive the goods within 30days of Samsung having taken payment, this becomes a criminal matter.  To my mind, Samsung are already in breach of contract. I have not agreed to these delays, and have expressly detailed my requirements (which Samsung advertised but could not deliver).

Could someone in authority at Samsung please contact me via email regarding this appalling service (and apparent ignorance to customers).  As for the order, I am currently weighing the pros and cons between the two devices, but am leaning towards cancelling the order and buying an iPhone (which I could be using the next day).  Ultimately, my need outweighs what I want, and I really wanted the Samsung.

** Please bring this thread to the attention of someone in authority, as CustomerServices seem unable to put this right.  Brands/reputation previously mattered, but seems not so much today?

To add...  Having read a number of online reviews, posted by other Samsung customers, I now know that this 2 week (repeated) extension is common practice for Samsung.  I am currently compiling a list of reviews and sources to raise this complaint with trading standards.  It is not acceptable.

Deliver what you advertise!

15 REPLIES 15
ReeceQ
Navigator
Options
Welcome to our world my friend. Many of our ITB orders are delayed by 6 to 8 weeks with no updates.

Samsung should provide a better service or they will lose customers.

I too have checked in with Apple but waiting to see how long this fiasco goes on before plunging to another ecosystem.

There are loads of posts regarding same issues you and I are facing.

Hope yours arrives if you have nor cancelled it.
Babishko
Big Cheese
Options
This is a bad situation for you @ Members_PqNP1HC and I hope it gets resolved for you as soon as possible. I have to say though that demand for the S23 Ultra has been considerable and you are not the only one feeling disappointed at the moment for sure. Demand for the IPhone 14 Pro Max at the moment on the other hand is much much less than for the 23 Ultra so it doesn't surprise me that you can pick one up the same day . I don't know if it is a case of demand outstripping supply here, but suppliers seem to have been caught on the hop somewhat. I know the green version especially is proving so popular that they were selling out of the things at retailers and carriers. I have had my (green) S23 Ultra for three weeks now and all I can say is that it will be more than worth the wait for you buddy. It is good that you are standing up for your rights and voicing your frustrations at this point in time. Let's hope you don't have to do this for much longer.. Good luck to you. 👍
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I am surprised as the black version would usually be the colour that's instock with the Graphite being an online exclusive so more prone to being a longer waiting period for that colour @SparkoneGKSC 

Stock delays can and will happen.

I totally understand and appreciate that's frustrating. I've had this happen to me too.

This happens both with Samsung Flagship phones and can happen with iPhones. Just check out their Community Forum.

If I can I'd always go to a bricks and morter store to collect. 

You would be best served persevering with the online shop team as it's them that have full access to line of sight of stock.

I've known Samsung Customer Services provide a Goodwill Gesture for delays which is usually in the form of an online shop voucher.

However being kept in the loop is the key here @SparkoneGKSC 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Moïse
Explorer
Options
I've been going through a similar situation with Samsung. In my case, the device was and is still in stock but they cancelled my order without explanation. After several exchanges with them, no one can find a reason for the cancellation. Yet now, they're asking that i placed an order at the current rate which means that I'll incur an extra cost of £220. I asked that my case be escalated because they should honour the purchase price i had at the time of placing the order during pre-order sale. They still haven't resolved this and at this point, I'm considering reporting samsung to trading standards. Samsung has really disgusted me this time and unless they resolve this situation, i won't be buying anything from them again.
adamwilliams84
Explorer
Options
Similar situation getting the run around. With regards to dsr am I right in assuming that I have a right to a full refund even if my product arrives (after 30 days?)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

i feel you

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Absolutely correct.. horrible service..late delivery by there preffered partners at FIELD & CONCEPT.

Samsung is lately going backwards

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Absolutely correct.. horrible service..late delivery by there preffered partners at FIELD & CONCEPT.

Samsung is lately going backwards and they are loosing......fast.. clients are leaving in waves!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

They have the power to just ignore you.. You are just a little fish like me, we are not a significant number on there performance sheet 🙂 So i guess we need to assume thing wil get worse, before they get better 🙂