Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is happening to Samsung Upgrade + ?

(Topic created on: 28-07-2021 12:58 PM)
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I've been in the Upgrade + programme since my Note 10 plus, upgraded after a year to Note 20 Ultra and got a S20 5G for my wife as well. So far we're both happy with the programme and it's time to upgrade my wife's S20 5G any day now, and mine a month later.

Checked the Samsung store and saw this notice;

"Vi ser löpande över våra Upgrade+ och Trade-in erbjudanden och har beslutat att tillfälligt pausa dessa på Samsung hemsida. Vi har i dagsläget inget fastställt datum för när vi öppnar upp för liknande erbjudanden igen." 

And yes indeed, Samsung Upgrade + is removed as a purchase option, just now Klarna and direct pay as options. 

This makes me really worried, has Samsung decided to silently kill the programme by not adding new customers? 

Will this mean that they will try to get rid of us existing customers too by not offering all the latest but just one device? 

This apparently was the case for the last updated Upgrade + website I could find offering only S215G och S21 Ultra... No mention of Note, Z Flip or Z Fold devices whatsoever... 😞 😞😓😩

Anyone with more info on this?

124 REPLIES 124
yabosid
Pioneer
Options
Jag tolkar det som om man redan är med i Upgrade+ kan man fortsätta, .. eller?
0 Likes
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Jo, det verkar så. Men Samsung support kunde inte svara på vilka telefoner som erbjuds längre. Så ja, jag kan byta - men kanske bara till en S21, eftersom det bara var den som erbjöds via Upgrade + innan de slutade sälja det... Jag hoppas som sagt på en Fold 3. Annars får jag väl eventuellt sluta med Upgrade + och köpa telefonen någon annanstans.
yabosid
Pioneer
Options
Jag planerar att uppgradera i vår till S22 så hoppas den möjligheten finns. Spekulationerna i Swedroids forum är att de sammarbetspartners som Samsung valt att använda för upgrade plus har varit så dåliga att man därför valt att pausa.
0 Likes
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Starting to get quite frustrated with Upgrade Plus. I have two upgrade phones (one for me and one for wifey). Incan log in on my Note 20 Ultra account and see that it isn't eligible for upgrade yet- so far so good. The second one for my wife's S20 5G just says "invalid loan agreement number or surname". That one is eligible for an upgrade now, but as I can't log in I can't order the S21 Ultra.

Samsung support haven't been able to help me even if it has passed a week now. Just got standard replies to wait 12 months, then they acknowledged that something was wrong, but so far they haven't solved it... 😞

Any others with similar experiences? Is there other Members here that uses Upgrade Plus?
0 Likes
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Still no solution to my problem 😞

I hope they'll add the new Z-series devices to the upgrade program for existing customers...
0 Likes
yabosid
Pioneer
Options
Wanted to maybe trade-in my Galaxy Watch 3 for a Galaxy Watch 4 Classic but no dice. Same text as with Samsung Upgrade. Annoying.
0 Likes
Janne303
Student
Options

De säger att man ska skriva här för frågor men vi får inge svar...

Nielfink
Journeyman
Options

In Denmark, it seems possible to choose the Galaxy Fold2 and Z flip, though you have to actually say you wanna upgrade, put in your order number and then youll get the option 

I'm more interested if I'm going to be able to upgrade to the Fold3, i bought my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra via the Upgrade+ programme, and they sell it to you like youll be able to all of Samsung's newest flagships, so i really expect it to be available. 

I'll give Samsung a call tomorrow and see what they have to say

Nielfink
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20210816-223736_Chrome.jpg