Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMT First complaints.

(Topic created on: 30-07-2022 01:18 PM)
Chris B
Journeyman
Options

Having just been victim to the unethical and shoddy practises of this company, operating on behalf of Samsung as Authorised Service Agents in the UK, I did a quick search and realise that I am not the only person. 

My immaculate phone was sent to them because of a faulty battery. They reported to Samsung that it also requires a new screen and that the "damage" was caused by "misuse"! 

I am going to prepare a portfolio of complaints to present to UK Trading Standards, because this cannot be allowed to continue.

Anyone else with experience of this company (Google and TrustPilot reviews indicate there are lots of you) please post here and I will start collating the evidence. 

ZFold3, Tab s7+, Tab A (2016)
25 REPLIES 25
ponchyy
Journeyman
Options

Ready to fight, i have also reported them to everything I can find and Samsung are now in open investigation mode. 

My phone was returned after i refused to pay £279 for a screen & battery replacement when all I needed was a screen protector replacement as mine had started come away at the fold and I was informed by Samsung they would replace it under warranty! Customer service asked of the condition of the phone and I explained the only cosmetic damage is to the hinge cover a small dent and scratches as the official Samsung case does not cover that part of the phone! He agreed that the cosmetic hinge would not effect the screen protector and was fine to send in for replacement under warranty! Also this dent has been present for over  11 months and the screen protector only started to lift at the edges of the fold a few weeks ago and was sent for repair immediately. 

I informed them I have photo evidence of the screen and it better be returned in the same condition with the current screen protector still attached and they sent it back with... 

Get this....

a new screen protector but tried to replicate the condition mine was in but with additional damage to the screen! By what looks like them placing something inside the phone inline with the dent on the hinge and closing the phone!!

This has resulted in 2 bubble spot types of damage to the screen!  Luckily I filmed taking delivery and opening the parcel and the phone to find the damage! 

See the damage on the 1st pic below is how I received it and the 3rd pic (with the phone screen on) is before I sent it in for a screen protector, you can see clearly the screen protector had lifted all the way along the fold before I sent it in, but when I got it back it is magically fixed in the middle with clear signs that something has been beneath it and with these 2 new spots of bubbling!

The 1st pic is a screenshot from the video I took, you can see the new protector fitted and damaged,  the 2nd pic is after a few days of opening & closing it and the 3rd is how it was when i sent it in for the replacement screen protector. 

Screenshot_20220730-132307_Video Player.jpg

20220729_164940.jpg

20220718_113745.jpg

!! LETS TAKE THESE GUYS DOWN !! 

ANR80
Apprentice
Options

Been waiting for screen repair from TMT FIRST since 12th August and still awaiting an engineer to fix. Is a Samsung quality issue as the screen is cracking on the fold, but phone is near perfect condition, very slight scuff in one corner, been looked at and told out of warranty want £300 for repair due to corner scuff even though  no where near screen or the damage on the fold. I've not damaged it so not paying £300 but they will put on free screen protector on! (even though the advice from Samsung is it doesn't need one!) Took 25 mins to get through and "customer service" was awful "its in a que!" couldn't tell me when it might be looked at or nay detail, just have a lot of device to look at... useful.  All round experience with Samsung and TMT First  is shocking. Samsung CS didnt want to know either and palmed off to TMT! Samsung have a lost a customer for life.   

0 Likes
mrjay
First Poster
Options
Lots of people having the same issue, looks like this is Samsung using a 'get out of jail free' card!
I'm also having this problem. My fiancee saved to buy me the Samsung galaxy z fold 3 for my 50th birthday. I've had it for 9 months and the inner screens suddenly went green and stopped working. Sent it for repair under warranty only to be told its not covered because there are scratches around the edges? I have always had a case on it for protection and screensaver so there is absolutely nothing wrong with the phone. They are saying that the internal screens need to be replaced as this is the part that is faulty but because they have to remove the outer part to reach the inner screens this is going to incur a charge of £500.00 because there are little scratches where the case (which was also purchased from Samsung) has been applied!!
Customer service are absolutely a waste of time as they just repeat the same thing over and over again...."we cant overturn the decision"
So I'm now stuck with an expensive birthday gift that is unusable unless I cough up a third of what it originally cost 9 months ago !! Disgusting!!
0 Likes
LauraRR
First Poster
Options
My husband has just had his phoned returned from TMT First without the faulty screen being fixed and there's a crack on the back of the phone !!!!
The phone was checked on pick up from DPD and NO damage was seen or described when it went to TMT for repair.....
So in conclusion, a Samsung flip 3 was sent for repair for a faulty screen, TMT claimed the phone was cracked, which wasn't the case, and tried to charge for repair. After many many phone calls to Tesco, Samsung and TMT First the phone is in a worst state than when it left and is still not fixed.
Total scam it appears.
0 Likes
Members_S3yhTMr
First Poster
Options

Hi all, I can't believe what I'm reading!!!

I too have a flip 3, it started rebooting on me, then it started to get hot and rebooted itself several times a day.

I sent the logs off via the Samsung  members upload option. They confirmed a hardware fault (after a possible software fault diagnosis).

I had the phone collected via courier to the "Samsung authorised repair centre". They have seen a scratch on the side of the phone and told me I need to pay over £300 for a replacement screen and battery!!!!! They say it is impact damage. I'm absolutely fuming.

I have NOT dropped this phone, it was a little scratch. The screen protector is lifting slightly in the centre and yes could do with changing, but the screen is fine!!! It works, no dead pixels, the battery is the fault for sure. I've refused to pay the money and the phone is now on its way back to me. 

If I had dropped the phone, hands up I would pay 100%, but the they've clearly gone  "ooh there's a scratch, it's the customers fault, let's make them pay for a screen and the faulty battery"  - absolute scammers!!!!!

This needs to be taken further to stop this disgusting service of swerving a clear fault with the phone that should be fixed under warranty.

Imagine taking your car in for an engine failure and they say sorry, due to the stone chip on your front bumper, your warranty is void....

Juicygesbab
Navigator
Options
CORRUPT Samsung DO NOT BUY FOLD OR FLOP
Fizyx
First Poster
Options
I don't think it's a flop considering they are on the 4th generation
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
I prefer a flat screen... as I know you can't fold a hard surface
Has anybody been able to fold glass without it breaking??
Just buy a foldable phone 😂
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
🤣 🤣 🤣
0 Likes