I am an avid user of Samsung phones. I currently have the S21 Ultra and love the phone. But year after year things come out on a new phone, only to have it gone on the next iteration. The items below to me would make the perfect phone that everyone would buy I believe.
Make everything just like the S21 Ultra with the below suggestions.
1. Keep S21 ultra brightness. This is great.
2. S21 cameras are great, but better camera system like pixel 6 pro.
3. Bring back the IR blaster infrared remote control system like in S6 model.
4. Bring back the Earphone jack.
5. FM radio - turn on the FM radio chip, not tied to a carrier turning on the chip. This is very useful in emergency situations when power and cell towers are out. Phone becomes worthless without it.
6. Better speakers and sound system. Make a top firing speaker in the top of the phone just like the bottom firing speaker, instead of using the ear piece. Add a sub-woofer. More bass and umpff at low and loud volumes. This suggestion (#6) alone would make me very happy.
7. Wider phone like the note series.
8. Finger print reader on back of phone like S9 model. Currently need 2 hands to use finger print reader.
9. Make phone rugged - don't need to get a case.
10. Bring back the notification light.
11. Flat screen - no curve on edge.
12. All phones unlocked. Should be up to user who they connect to.
13. Solar charging. Phone charges in any light when not plugged into regular charger. This would be great in a survival situation.
14. Bring back expanded storage.
15. Quit the smaller bezel stuff. Do a smaller screen with bigger bezels to fit in above stuff. A thicker phone would not be bad either. They are too thin now.
Quite a wish list there and am sure many would be popular, I will address some here. However with the need to fit in more components the return of the earphone jack is not that likely and there is less demand for a FM radio chip nowadays with the apps and internet services available. I think the speakers are pretty impressive in flagship devices but obviously room for improvement. Solar charging would be very welcome but looks to be for the future.
@rschmidt1970 said "Thank You for your comments. Could not find any other section when I post this. I thought the FM radio chip would be great for emergencies. I live in Florida and have had power and cell towers knocked out during hurricanes. The phone becomes totally worthless, but with FM radio, you can tune into news going on around you. The speakers are great in the S21, but need more umpf. I was just thinking that to make the perfect phone, include all the stuff that used to be there including expanded storage. Thanks again".
@rschmidt1970 ok, suppose was not thinking so much about hurricanes but obviously can be a factor in some places. some good points, on the flagship though moving away from external storage with the popularity of cloud services. Anyway for instance the S21 section is here https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/bd-p/galaxy-s21-uk
Lounge Area here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/bd-p/uk-cafe
Whist everyone welcome here this is the Uk/Ireland forum in the European communities. If interested the US community is here https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Phones/ct-p/phones