Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG UNPACKED 2024: Packing for unpacked - MOBILES

(Topic created on: 06-01-2024 01:31 PM)
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

DAY1 - MOBILES.png

As promised let the fun begin, as an extension of this Community I would like everyone else to share their thoughts (needs, glass, sads) on their current mobile device and wants from a new device.

Then let's summarise things you want me to check out and ask for you at Unpacked 2024.

#Unpacked#is#Coming #Galaxy#AI#is#Coming #withGalaxy #SamsungMembersConnect #SamsungMembers #SamsungUnpacked #sanjose #tech #flex #ai @Samsung @SamsungUK

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
12 REPLIES 12
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have my S21 ultra since preorder ( exynos 16gb 512gb) and its been the best one I have had so far.

I love the curved Design and curved screen and battery life lasts a day easily even after 3 years with gaming and stuff.

Almost got the s23 ultra but didn't really fancy the boxy design.

Thinking about the S24 ultra ( Don't like the boxy design or flat screen)

But will look out for the AI capabilities especially if they're ON devices or not.

Also if the colour science between lenses is consistent that would be Awesome.

I wish Samsung gave 50 MP on all lenses with consistent colour output on lenses .

I'm in it for the s24 ultra I'f Samsung entices me .

Let's see otherwise one more year with my trusty S21 ultra
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah I the same, recall my S6, then S20 Ultra I held on to them until two models later.

Form factor is a big deal, but I find for the majority it becomes irrelevant as a case is immediately put on.

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
I have an s23u and previous to that an s21u. I have owned some 5 or more generations of Samsung smartphone.

There isn't much more that I could want than the S23u and it is a near perfect phone.

I am concerned with the way technology is going... and the world of AI is quite a scary thought. I don't have much interest in some of the suggested 'improvements' that AI might add to camera imagery or in daily use !

I would rather learn to use the camera well... than to have a new layer of automatic adjustments to my taken photos. I like the individuality of my own vision and also if the picture has flaws in it then that is a unique and personal things...whether good or bad.

The world seems to be going very 'synthetic' and soon enough it won't matter how a user operates their device because the phone 'will know better than you'.

The fact that you could also have a full conversation with a person and thinking it is a family member and yet the voice turns out to be a synthetic representation of that person, this is really scary. Even from a security perspective you could pass on your personal information thinking that person is a friend and not an AI. !!

I am scared how easy it would be to fool my parents into giving up their secretive information to a scammer ! It is hard for the older generation even moreso... my mother has been close to giving up her banking information to scammers already a couple of times... imagine if the voice sound matches her own idea of a family member ?!?

Maybe this post is my old grumpy self that has written this passage of information... or maybe it has been auto generated by AI ???? I will let you decide yourself 😀

P.s. I am not scared of technology. On the contrary I am an engineer in the aerospace industry and currently work on the design of space satellite payloads. Hence it is not the technology that scares me. But this world is going crazy with AI. Soon enough no-one will have an identity or uniqueness. The world we will soon live in thinks it knows better !

Conspiracy theories aside, I think the current s23u is so good that I can't think of any features that would improve for me !

Smiley ☺️
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I always remember the movie Surrogates with Bruce Willis and think with Meta Verse the same 🫣

I was tempted by the S23U, but went from a ZFOLD3 to 4, but realise the camera is lacking (or me) vs the S23U.

Still miss my S20U.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

My Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb hits the sweet spot for me, and is a good upgrade to my back up phone which is the Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra. 

Exciting times ahead and like others I'm waiting with bated breath on what Samsung is going to bring to the table with their new generation of Samsung s²⁴ series of phone's. 

Innovation 💡 

I'm certainly looking forward to any information you can give the Community on your thought's of the new phone's @Obsydian and if one of  the models ticks thosewants  and needs boxes to tempt you to update to one. 

Above all enjoy the journey 😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
My s23 ultra has wowed and surprised me every day since purchase. Every morning I can't wait to grab it. Usually after 6 months I'm bored and I tried to find faults with my device so I can change. Not this time. Like bandofnrothers says it hits the sweet spot for me. I don't think I will get the s24 ultra as there is really no need. However I'm very excited to see what it brings to the tablet and maybe the s25 will push me off my s23. Enjoy your journey your in the USA so hopefully you can get a decent travel package with your network and post loads of pics 😃 have a great time. 👍 (to add to this hopefully no exynos)
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thanks @BandOfBrothers, yes it will be interesting, still not 100% if I can go back to slab phones from foldables, but I want a top notch camera and phone performance.

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thanks @AshtabS9Ultra , yes ready with an EE add on, only concern is it is limited to 50GG 🤔

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
50G should be enough? Unless your watching movies on your phone which you won't have time for 🤣 I never knew it was limited I thought they just ripped you off with a pack then you were free? Not been abroad for a while hence the expired passport and not being able to go 🙈🤣
0 Likes