cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Care+ Insurance

(Topic created on: 19-02-2024 11:54 AM)
Options
Is this worth it?
As in - in plain English, do they tend to pay out & cover you?

I thought about getting it but then I wondered if it'd be one of those things where they say - yeah but you didn't have your phone encased in 200mm insulation therefore your phone was at risk & we won't pay out.

Like the only way they'd pay is if maybe you got mugged but then they'd say well if you didn't go outside that day then you'd have been OK. 

As you can tell, I'm not very trusting of insurance companies & it stems from suffering their excuses to get out of paying in the past. 

I use my phone in a quad lock case mounted to my bike. I'm assuming they won't pay out if it gets damaged. 

What if I get out of my car, phone in hand & accidentally drop it (which is how I damaged a previous phone)? 
9 REPLIES 9
GreaterGalaxyUK
Helping Hand
Options
I'm in the same boat as you. Would be interested to get a view. I have owned mobiles since the iPhone4 and never taken insurance. Phones have never been damaged or stolen. Not sure why I should get it for the S24Ultra with my history. But you just never know.
0 Likes
Star_girl
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have bought it since I have this phone because I want Samsung own support if this phone breaks. I hope it's worth it. This insurance again, doesn't come cheap so I hope they won't fret if customers who pay for it need help.
0 Likes
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I've got in on my tablet. Never had to claim though sorry. Does your bank offer mobile insurance? If so try comparing the two.

My phone however isn't insured. I too use a quad lock on my bike (motorbike). I have the anti vibration unit to prevent damage to the cameras. Don't know if insurance would even cover that though.
0 Likes
Options
I haven't taken the insurance out although I'd quite like the cover. I haven't taken it because I just feel they'll use any excuse to get out of paying. Not just Samsung but any company really.

I also wonder how they'd tell the difference, if they'd tell at all, whether you dropped it accidentally or whether say (the case of my bike)?
0 Likes
Star_girl
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I just feel uneasy to have this expensive phone in my pocket and to be uncovered if for example goes stolen or gets a bad accident that it's not my fault. I need to have the assurance at the back of my head that I get some support if something happens to my phone.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I think that if you have a high end Device best to take insurance (even if we are not all particularly clumsy) .  Details on Samsung's offering here   https://sales.samsungcareplus.assurant.co.uk/dashboard obviously alternatives to Samsung Care Plus  such as some Bank policies which cover Mobiles.  https://www.insurance2go.co.uk/compare/bank-insurance 

Personally not needed  to claim since I have had insurance mind you, up to everyone to make their own judgement though and obviously some are not so trusting of these policies.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
smiley
Hotshot
Options
I have taken the insurance for the first year of my last couple of devices... S21 ultra... and S23 ultra.

For 5.99 a month for the Care+ accidental damage cover it is a no brainer for me. I am a careful owner and I can't give any details of whether Samsung are good about claims... as i have never used it.

in my mind if I drop the phone through accidental damage then it should be repaired, for the cost of a £59 excess that needs to be paid. It will get a new screen and properly done by a Samsung service centre with genuine parts.

I don't do the theft part as i think i am careful in this regard, and after the first year of insurance I usually cancel it... the risk and reward dynamic changes a little bit then.

I hope I never need to use it, but 5.99 a month (the price of a pint of beer) it is a good safeguard to have.

Smiley
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
Flutterby24
Explorer
Options
My BF has it and unless you live near a Samsung shop for repairs you have to send the phone off with a courier and it takes at least 10 days.

It's rubbish really. They say EE shops repair them so he booked that option and EE told us they don't, we were then told we had to go to the Samsung shop in Manchester, so he booked the courier option.
Bigtasty65
Big Cheese
Options
Argos offer (it seems) good insurance plans on mobile phones too. I've bought my last few Samsung items from them. I've never taken any plans out though as I don't trust them either. I always treat my phone like my beer glass........I never drop that! 🤞🏻 🙏🏼