Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over heating

(Topic created on: 30-08-2023 12:52 PM)
Lanno101
Journeyman
Options
What is the best, up to date, samsung smartphone that doesnt overheat too quickly? Im current using the samsung S23 but thinking about the Z fold 4/5.

What do people think or shall i go for something else? 
10 REPLIES 10
Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Never had an overheating problem with any of my Samsung phones and I've used every flagship from the S8 to the S23 Ultra (as well as some others in the past). So take your pick, all should be fine.
0 Likes
Lanno101
Journeyman
Options
I have done everything like battery care to sorting storage, nothing seems to sort the heating problem. Ive been looking at reviews for the fold phones and the z fold 5 seems pretty good so far. The Snap Dragon processer Gen 2 makes the screentiming a lot faster so thats a plus.

Like i say, my S23 is overheating so ive done everything possible, its just getting peoples thoughts on what else to do or thoughts on pros and cons for other samsung phones.

Thank you for your comment though 👍🏻🤜🏻🤛🏻
0 Likes
Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What exactly are you using when it's overheating?
0 Likes
Lanno101
Journeyman
Options
Every and any app basically
0 Likes
Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well to be blunt, sounds like a defective phone and definitely not one to assume as the norm. If I found myself with anything like that, I'd of replaced it immediately.
0 Likes
Lanno101
Journeyman
Options
Its come from EE through contract
0 Likes
Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'd suggest getting a replacement by them. Overheating is one thing if you're using the phone in a demanding manner, but just any app causing it to overheat is a serious issue.

It's rare to ever see any overheating warnings, unless you're pushing everything to max for long periods, for example screen brightness at 100% and gaming long hours.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I have the S23 Ultra and it's been great with no thermal issues for me at least. My S21 Ultra on the other hand... that got so hot during a lengthy Lightroom session once it prompted me to do a full reset of the phone which did for whatever reason improve the issue significantly. There were rumours that smart switch could have been the issue at the time so I avoided that when setting it up again after the reset.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The S23 has Snapdragon Gen 2.
0 Likes