Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas for New Samsung Phones - Samsung Cast "Samsung C1"

(Topic created on: 10-11-2023 03:50 PM)
Flipfire
Apprentice
Options

Hello Samsung Community,

I'm a technology enthusiast and an early adopter of cool new gadgets such as the iPhone, Surface tablet, Quest, Pixel phone, and Pixel watch.  I eventually ended up with the Galaxy Z Fold4 and the Galaxy Watch6 and never looked back. Samsung phones and devices are just superior in many ways.

One of my favorite things about Samsung is its commitment to innovation. And one of the things that drives innovation is brainstorming. 

Do any of you have ideas for new Samsung Phones and features? 
I'm thinking of a new phone series with a new gimmick, like the Fold and Flip series.

That gimmick? A built-in projector. We can call it Samsung "Cast" or something creative. 

It doesn't need to have a very powerful projector and camera for its first version, but like all other phones, its specifications will improve with each new year and iteration.

We'll cross that "phones-with-holograms" bridge when we get there but it's 2023, and I think that phones with projectors are realistic enough. I know Samsung already tried this with its discontinued Galaxy Beam phones, and it's not exactly a new idea but that was in 2014, which was over 9 years ago. 

Can you imagine having a smartphone with a built-in projector as strong as the current Samsung Freestyle 2nd Gen?

Maybe that would be in the 4th version! A Samsung C4! That would be a blast! DO IT, SAMSUNG!!!!

The Freestyle 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Dapp
Pathfinder
Options
The only issue I see is the size of the phone will greatly increase to incorporate a projector too, and the cost of it. I don't think projector technology is small enough to be in phones and not make the phone massive
Flipfire
Apprentice
Options

Have you seen the Samsung Galaxy Beam? It was a normal-sized smartphone, and that was back in 2014. I'm sure projector technology has improved dramatically about a decade since. I'd argue that Samsung can make it work. They just need to market it right. 

0 Likes
Dapp
Pathfinder
Options
That's still quite a big phone in terms of thickness. They probably discontinued it because they didn't sell enough of them. I don't know how much demand there is for a projector in a phone, there are very portable projectors, like the freestyle projector. The problem with a projector is that you'd always need a decent surface to project onto. It probably makes more sense to make a standalone, more decent portable projector than to cram it into the small space of a phone.
Dapp
Pathfinder
Options
The question I must ask is, did you own either the Galaxy beam or the Freestyle projector? And if you did, how much did you use them?
0 Likes
Flipfire
Apprentice
Options

I own neither the Beam nor a Freestyle Projector.

However, I had friends ask me why I bought a Galaxy Z Fold4 phone when it's monstrously huge, and expensive, and I can just have a separate tablet. Why carry two separate devices when carrying only your smartphone is more convenient? I'm not worried about phone thickness... advances in technology will take care of that.  

I've owned the Galaxy Z Fold4 for over a year and I've since sold my Surface Pro tablet and iPad tablet.

I am looking into getting the Freestyle 2 projector as a future purchase. I can see a lot of use-cases for a projector for camping/hiking trips, vacations, and business presentations. I'm sure it will see a lot more uses if it's built-in in a smartphone.

We're probably going to agree to disagree @Dapp, but all I'm arguing for is that Samsung is in the best position in the mobile market to make smartphone-projectors work. 2013-2014 might not be a good time for it to be mainstream, but I don't see why not 2024.

There's no demand for niche products.... yet. That's why marketing is a huge factor. 
All I'm saying is that I'd most likely buy it. 

0 Likes
MHShehadeh
First Poster
Options

Hello,

What about a solution that will help users to transform their phone to tablets, I'm thinking of a chargeable screen which is about 10 - 12 inches or maybe larger where you can insert your phone into and then use it for extending your phone display into a larger display, taking into consideration that this device will reserve your phones battery using its built in high capacity battery. What do you think?

0 Likes