Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop this issue. Updated! - Images not posting on the Members app Community

(Topic created on: 05-01-2023 10:59 AM)
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I try to write posts on this forum, but have a real problem with including Screenshots and photos.
If I write text and then attach a photo, it gets deleted and left with this text.

Makes writing articles extremely difficult 

Update:
I have changed the phones keyboard to SwiftKey, and seems to be working fine now. 
So it must be a Samsung Keyboard issue 
12 REPLIES 12
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
I just attach and they don't get deleted.20190504_050156~3_70_1603079086.jpg
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
For replies it all works fine
Just writing a post the images dissappear
I've seen many others that have posted and get the same thing
I'm guessing it's a bug in the community
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi,

I have experienced this too. Another issue is the automatic addition of blank lines.

I use Samsung Keyboard and the only workaround I have found is to change the language (not to use English).

0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
That is a camera picture saved as a PNG file to the phone.
What sort of file are you trying to upload?? As if it's a file type not reconised the it will return a error.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I pull stuff from the phones gallery. Usually JPEG pictures taken with the phone or screen shots captured on the phone
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah that's another thing it does adding extra lines
Might try a different keyboard
Neo001
Legend
Options

My feeling is auto correct or Grammarly that works with English UK/US could be the culprit.

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Changed to SwiftKey keyboard and seems to be working OK now.
Appears to be a Samsung Keyboard issue
You could well be right
AntS
Options

Hi guys,

Bumping this as this one appears to be still happening for some, and I'm hoping to get it fixed.

If anyone is still experiencing it with the Samsung Keyboard and Members app are you able to:

• Share which versions of the Members app and Samsung Keyboard you’re using
  • Send an error report with log files via the Members app as soon as it happens

Appreciate that the folks in this topic so far probably know how to send an error report, but for anyone out there who doesn't: As soon as the issue occurs (within 15 minutes is best):

Samsung Members > Support > Send Feedback > Error Reports > [select error type] > choose frequency of issue, and write an accurate and good description (and attach any screenshots/pictures/videos showing the issue if you want/are able to) > tick ‘Send system log data’ > Send (the > icon on the top right).

(Or: Long-press the Samsung Members icon on the Apps screen, and select 'Error reports' from the dropdown menu, and follow the steps from there.)

That will send that report and log files for the Samsung developers to analyse.