Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google disabling API's for call records

(Topic created on: 21-10-2022 10:31 AM)
Nahkuri
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I just read Google is going to disable API that is commonly used to record your calls. That wouldn't be a problem normally with Samsung phones, unless you happen to live in region where Samsung has disabled call recording from their Phone-app.

Legally you can record your calls you call or receive for your own use in Finland, but Samsung has disabled that option on all of my 3 different phones.

Since Google says it's API will be disabled 11th of May, my phone will be useless for work since I want to record my calls with any sales-person(s) I have to contact.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/android-call-recording-apps-wont-work-galaxy-phone-may-11

How can I make Samsung to fix it's policy to provide call recordings for it's own app, when it's legally ok, but Samsung don't care?

Pixel has working call recorder, now I have to check if other companies have that option too. Feels like this was my last Samsung phone if this can't be fixed. Policies hardly ever change so I'm not optimistic about that.

14 REPLIES 14
Levar
Student
Options
I live in Sweden and have the same question/problem.
Its not always I have paper and pencil at hand when I accept a meeting.
Or in some cases when I and my counterpart have diffrent memories of what was said and agreed.
Then its nice to be able to replay the call.
And in Sweden its legal to record a call when you yourself is one of the participants.
Members_fKqbIy0
First Poster
Options

I have the same concern. I have previously used a callrecorder  since it IS legal in Sweden and it is a great thing to be able to record calls and not have to write things down that was said in a call.  Since I have also been using Samsung pay for quite a while,  I do not want to root the phone. What would it take for Samsung to add Sweden and Finland to the csc codes  where callrecording is allowable in the firmware? Here is a link to where such  csc's are discussed: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/enabling-native-call-recorder-through-csc.3962224/

I DO want callrecording and I DO want to be able to use Pay, what would it take for Samsung to make this happen? Doesn't seem to be a very big request for Samsung to fix.

Dyram
First Poster
Options
Same problem here also live in Sweden.
Emmi S
Community Manager
Options

Hi! 

You should be able to download the app, but the recording part should not work. Since it became illegal to record calls (in some countries) and the app shares software with multiple countries it was removed for all.

/Emmi
0 Likes
BigGaben
Pioneer
Options

A late reply, but I managed to enable call recording by changing CSC from EUX to ILO. 368428645_187329260902511_3208533766276208265_n.jpg

0 Likes
Michelecal25
Apprentice
Options
How do you change the csc?
0 Likes
BigGaben
Pioneer
Options
I used SamFW Tool, but do your own research. Can recommend seaching the forum "forum.xda-developers.com". I don't know if it's model dependent. Samsung Pay is not supported on ILO by the way, so I use Google Pay instead. Other than that everything seems to work.
0 Likes
Nahkuri
Apprentice
Options

Not really an option for company phone. That is why it is an big issue with businesses too. Sales people need to record their calls so Samsung is out of the window when we need to replace phones next time.

0 Likes
BigGaben
Pioneer
Options
I understand the frustration. I saw that you mentioned that the Pixel supports call recording, so I wonder why Samsung choose to not do the same?