Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy devices and One UI Enhancements Suggestions * ANOTHER OPEN LETTER*

(Topic created on: 05-06-2022 11:34 AM)
Gino76ph
Pathfinder
Options
Dear Samsung, I currently have a Galaxy S21+ 5G  and plan ON getting a second phone (Galaxy A33 5G). In the past 2 years your budget flagships (FE series) and midrange (A-series) have been getting great reviews out there; even your Exynos-powered devices like mine and the Galaxy A33/A53 have improved since with the overall performance, premium features, etc. But i believe there is still more room to improve. Such as my suggestions:
1. Full and unrestricted compatibility with third-party launchers especially when it comes to Android 12’s navigation & gestures. (Samsung is well documented and notoriously known to restrict some features especially the gestures and navigations and opening/closing apps) * via reviews and personal experience.
2. A far better way to hide apps and then easily finding them later (MIUI/Poco launcher and Oxygen OS launchers does it better and secure via fingerprint, face unlock or pin code using gestures or swipes. * Via reviews and personal experience.
3. A phone launched 6 months ago SHOULD and MUST have a lower price by now and by at least £150 off to counter the competition. The trade-in inclusive devices and money values have seemingly slightly improved since last year but it could be better by including Xiaomi/Redmi/Poco/More OnePlus & Motorola devices.
4. A cleaner, more stock-looking One UI. The icons shapes and icons themselves look "childish" and outdated. UPDATE Good Luck app for more personalization and optimizations using third-party icon packs, changing icon sizes, shapes, appearance, etc. - Via reviews and personal experience.
5. A double digit pixel count on the selfie cameras backed up by HDR+, ultrawide lens, autofocus (not fixed focus) and resolution up to 4K/60fps with EIS.
6. A higher quality pre-installed thin plastic screen protector on ALL devices.
7. A physical capacitive side-mounted or rear-mounted fingerprint sensor to the A-series OR well optimised, ultrafast, on-screen optical fingerprint sensor for the S & Fold line.
8. Vertical apps tray scrolling. Horizontal scrolling should be made only optional. (!)
Xiaomi, OnePlus and Motorola has overtaken you in the Europe and the UK in terms of sheer phone performance (and not slowing down apps like yourselves) albeit slower updates.  But I still like you because you are faster in updates. BUT COULD BE BETTER. It is time to implement these massive changes ASAP and you needs to change with the times.
As an Android user of 12 years I feel extremely serious and strongly about my suggestions and i simply can't stress them enough. PLEASE MAKE IT SO. Cheers.
3 REPLIES 3
CarlH
Options
Gino76ph
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks for that. 

But i must admit i am pessimistically hopeful. I do not make these suggestions (& contributions) for fun or for trolling. And to be honest I do not know what part of "Android user of 12 years" mean for Samsung anymore. 

There are valid reasons why I make these type of threads. It's a challenge and a wake-up call to Samsung. I simply cannot stress this enough. If the company wants to stay ahead of the competition they will implement these changes in the next One UI version. 

Something has to give and something needs to be done. And people cannot just tell me to "Get another phone other Samsung". I feel that's a very negative and arrogant statement to say.

People nowadays are looking for the best "bang for your buck" deal and best "price for specs" ratio holding on to their phones longer as less & less are taking new contracts for a shorter ones and purchasing SIM-free ones. This makes an even more compelling reason to update our devices more often and more faster. 

Please Samsung...ACT NOW!!!

0 Likes
Gino76ph
Pathfinder
Options

Here's another suggestion: Fast 33w charger compatibility. When most chinese phones (we know who they are) offer at least 65w and above I really think Samsung should follow suite and give us a much faster charger than what they are currently offering.

0 Likes