Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dex portrait mode?

(Topic created on: 08-03-2024 11:04 PM)
Kimmo1
Student
Options

It seems Dex doesn't support portrait mode. I just bought a USB-C display to read stuff on it from my phone, but after hours of Googling it seems there's no way to rotate the external display.

I've been quite happy with my Galaxy S21 Ultra and it has lots of customization settings. However it's surprising such a simple option is missing from Dex?

Are there any plans to implement this?

For example Samsung Smart View has an option to rotate 90 degrees.

8 REPLIES 8
Ham0deh
Navigator
Options
Unfortunately, that option isn't out yet for dex, but why would you need it instead of Smart View? Like, Smart View can already rotate 90 degrees. Maybe you wanna use your phone screen and your monitor at the same time? If so, you can use the new feature that lets you cast an app instead of the whole screen. Check out the photo:1709980110607.jpg
Kimmo1
Student
Options

Thanks for the reply. I think Smart View is only for wireless casting, my display is wired-only, doesn't support wireless casting. Interesting options in Smart View in any case, good to know if needed someday.

Ratteb
Pioneer
Options
The Old Dex is fix to landscape mode only since it is supposed to function as a desktop. However, the new Dex which can be found on tablets can rotate but it is still not fully configurated to be casted onto a monitor or a display.

When connecting your phone to the display, try to check the USB options to see if any of them allow you to cast your phone screen. Otherwise, like Hamodeh said, smart view is your only other option.
Shion77
Apprentice
Options

Please add this feature. It is needed for monitors. Thanks.

Tarver
First Poster
Options

It is ridiculous that portrait mode is not supported! This is such a basic thing!

Shion77
Apprentice
Options

Any update?

R0DY
First Poster
Options

I would also like to express my great interest in the ability to use portrait mode apps within Dex. Some apps work best in portrait mode and this feature will make Dex even more versatile in my workflow.

ps. Anyway, credits to Samsung for offering tools like Dex. With my S24 Ultra I experience an efficient workflow that I could never find with other brands.

0 Likes
Cherrie Wu
First Poster
Options

Because they are stingy!!! They want us to buy other Samsung stuff. Dex portrait mode is supported on Samsung Tablets. 

0 Likes