Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Community website doesn't work in Firefox

(Topic created on: 10-08-2024 01:07 PM)
rsbrux
Pioneer
Options

I am posting this in Safari on my iPad Pro because this website doesn't work in Firefox, either on the iPad or on a PC running Windows 10.  On the iPad, I can't even load eu.community.samsung.com.  The error message is:

Couldn't load webpage

The webpage didn’t respond to the request in time.

※ IAMGCSaeucentral1_1723291130532_99999-4684581802.999

Why is Samsung paying for Khoros, when there are better solutions, many of them free and open source?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Checking Firefox on a Pc  (though not my main Browser),  only have Windows 11.  Have you tried clearing the cache,checked Security privacy settings?    You may need to disable DNS prefetching., some information here https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-cant-load-websites-other-browsers-can 

edit:  No problem here .

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Checking Firefox on a Pc  (though not my main Browser),  only have Windows 11.  Have you tried clearing the cache,checked Security privacy settings?    You may need to disable DNS prefetching., some information here https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-cant-load-websites-other-browsers-can 

edit:  No problem here .

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

rsbrux
Pioneer
Options

Clearing the cache didn't help, but turning off "Enhanced Tracking Protection" for community.samsung.com did. I would think that Samsung could earn enough money from HW sales not to have to monetize its customers' data.

Anyway, many thanks for the helpful tips!

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Glad you have it sorted anyway.

0 Likes
rsbrux
Pioneer
Options

I rejoiced too soon. Even after turning off "Enhanced Tracking Protection" completely, the community website still hangs Firefox on my WIndows 10 PC repeatedly, if not immediately. In Firefox on my iPad, the community web page is sometimes obscured by a white band down the right-hand side.

P.S. network.dns.disablePrefetch was already turned on.  I have also turned on network.dnd.disablePrefetchFromHTTPS, but to no avail.

0 Likes