Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android thoughts

(Topic created on: 24-06-2023 09:05 AM)
IndiW
Hotshot
Options

When you are an Android user, one has to have a PhD in - Android Use

On my mother's life, it was first time I learned about the word "cache" or cleaning it after my very first Android (S22 Ultra)

After another few months, I am going back to Apple, I will never never never never touch an Android again in my lifetime.

9 REPLIES 9
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
It's all down to personal preference @IndiW. You go for what you prefer and enjoy to use. Both Apple and Samsung do great devices. Since my move from apple, I do enjoy using Samsung more. It's all down to what the users prefer and enjoy. You certainly have to be happy with a purchase.
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Thanks Fiona, tell me, what particular aspect/s you enjoy in Samsung that Apple don't have.

Probably this might help me to uncover new things in Samsung or to look at my S22 Ultra with less hatred 😊

Have a Good day Fiona 💐👋
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Customisation, hate icons all over my home screen, so make the most of edge panel. S pen, and all it's features, really enjoying the penup app. With my first device I remember being wowed just by the galaxy themes 😂. Don't get me wrong, if I had the latest iPhone 14, I would probably love it. I've been with Samsung for 4 years now, and just haven't really thought about moving back. Tell a lie I was thinking about the iPhone 14 Pro max, and I have certainly thought about giving the apple watch ago. Then I thought I would miss Samsung too much 😂. My likes are completely different to yours though @IniW. No one is going to hate you for liking apple better. I'm certainly not going to call you an apple sheep. It's what you prefer and like.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@IndiW 

My 2 cents.

Much more Customisation. 

Open Source.

I like my phone how I want it set up and working and not how Apple wants. I like my icons where I want them _ 😆 

I'm sure for many the draw of just picking up an iPhone and them being the same as the next is a draw along with the advantages of iMessage.

To each their own.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Wow super cool, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts

Sure Spen is a novelty,

In relation to clustermization, I think Apple has it via 3rd party Apps

Anyway, I totally Respect your thoughts

I love when people come together and exchange opinions
Tc and be coooool
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Cool.. The other thing I noticed, particularly in Asia most people have Android phones so one can get anything done in relation to repair or parts etc

Tc 👋 friend
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I prefer Android over Apple as Android is engineered towards open source whereas Apple disable a lot of functions to make you buy stuff off them or use their systems etc e.g you can't send an audio recording or video clip via Bluetooth with an apple phone, it's blocked and forces you to use iTunes etc, my brother has Apple phones and I recall an occasion where he received an iOS update and his 3rd party charger stopped working so he had to run to an apple store and spend around £50 on a genuine Apple charger and lead. The worst thing I think they did was updating older phones that slowed them down in the run up to the release of a newer model, which was reported on the news, I think Apple said it was to protect the battery or something 🤔 I think Apple make some really innovative and excellent devices so I don't have an issue with the devices themselves, my reason to avoid apple is more about how they do business? Hope this helps
HootleTootle
Voyager
Options
Cool story. 🙄
AntS
Options

Haha! 😄 I dunno, HootleTootle. I felt much the same way as IndiW when I first started on Mobile Tech Support for Samsung as an iPhone user back in 2014. 😉