Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6G

(Topic created on: 17-07-2020 05:18 PM)
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

No sooner have some of us got to  grips with 5G (not that I have used it yet myself)  and already I'm going on about the Next Big thing.  However technology needs to keep advancing and we need to plan ahead, the day we rest on our laurels will be a sad day.   Of course we have recently heard that the rollout of 5G will be delayed  (see more in the 5G thread)  but nonetheless good to see how things will evolve in the future.   Very much at the research stage,  will be around 2030 before 6G will be commercially available.

Obviously the technology will be faster, 6G will support speeds of 1 terabyte per second (Tbps),capacity and latency will be unprecedented and enable new innotative tools. The technology will work in conjunction with AI and some of the new services will include Digital Replica, holographic and visible Light Communications.    More on visible light here fields-of-research/communication-knowledge/broadband-communications/visible-light-communication.html 

See more here www.vectoritcgroup.com/en/tech-magazine-en/innovation-trends-en/is-it-time-for-the-6g-connection/ 

A bit on Samsung Research samsung.com/global/samsungs-6g-white-paper-lays-out-the-companys-vision-for-the-next-generation-of-c... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

5 REPLIES 5
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Interesting, we will probably see the beginning of 6G in the coming decade or so, thanks for sharing! 

SjorsK
Maestro
Options

I actually had a 6G masterclass at work (We have a 5G lab there on our grounds, but it's more a cooperation between multiple companies and government institutions). So yeah, it's quite easy for me to sign up for these things. I do have a link with the recording but unfortunately it's in Dutch 😞 The slides are partly english though ( :smiling-face: ). 

If you can understand it I highly recommend watching it! ^-^ It's super nerdy and in-depth though. 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@SjorsK  Fabulous,  obviously  with your role you have access to the latest technological  developments.   😁

I will see  if I can get the  gist of the 6G Masterclass. 😀

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

Haha, it's not just my role, it's more due to personal interest in the topic. I have nothing to do with the 5Lab myself. My team (Which has many sub-teams) does have one person that works there and informed us about it. And well, as one of  the telecom admins (One of my many roles) I could simply not resist to sign up :winking-face: 

Working in the education sector has it's benefits and really opens doors elsewhere that would be close to impossible to visit otherwise :smiling-face:  

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@SjorsK  Well thought you must have had a keen interest too, anyway good you get the opportunities!