Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to share - app

(Topic created on: 27-10-2019 06:27 PM)
NewAge
Navigator
Options

I just can't share anything - only onWhatsApp. (Works fine with Skype or email etc)

For example if I am on galaxy store and liked one theme, I touch Share and select WhatsApp, it opens the app and ask for which contact I would like to share, once I select contact it opens the chat page with that contact, but doesn't share the link.

It does same when I tried to share an Image from Gallery.

It does all the step correctly but end result is not what it should be. 

Does anyone else have noticed the same issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @Loks ,

It always shows full via the Play Store.

Please try the below link, then click the become a Beta Tester button.. shortly after you should see an update in the play store.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.whatsapp 

NB. You may not get an update if you have already downloaded the app from APKMirror as this will already be the latest version, but you will get the Beta updates going forward.

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders

View solution in context

19 REPLIES 19
Wobdot
Pathfinder
Options

I've just done it with WhatsApp and it's not shared, just open the app with nothing attached, it's ok with sms

0 Likes
NewAge
Navigator
Options

Thanks for confirming.

Which means we surely needs fix now.

Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options

Same if you need to send a important link your best option is to copy and paste the link.

0 Likes
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @NewAge ,

This works perfectly fine for me... there is a few things you can check though..

*Check app permissions is storage etc enabled

* Clear Cache & Data for the troubled apps... especially if you have restored apps from backup.

*Check Media Storage & Sec Media Storage in Settings> apps .. clear Cache & Data here also.

* Check all apps are upto date in the Galaxy Store

Hope this  helps

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
0 Likes
NewAge
Navigator
Options

Hi @BenGinders,

Thanks for your reply, though I haven't reinstalled the app, it was perfectly OK before I installed Android 10 and One UI 2.0. 

I still check and all the permissions are OK.

I tried clearing Cache as well

Nothing seem to fix the problem.

Copy paste works and if I attached something using WhatsApp itself then it works.

Other people also finding the same so something surely need fixing.

0 Likes
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hi @NewAge 

Our developers are aware of some compatibility problems with WhatsApp and we have also let them know that some things need to be fixed!

But it will still help if you could share us an error report using Beta Feedback via Samsung Members, so our developers can check if the problem happens becuase of our modifications.

0 Likes
NewAge
Navigator
Options

Hi ThomaszT,

Thanks for the reaponse.

I have reported this in feedback too.

Regards

Graykenhill
Pathfinder
Options

I've just tried sharing 3 photos from my gallery via WhatsApp, after selection then going to WhatsApp no photos have transferred across. No problem prior to android 10

0 Likes
NewAge
Navigator
Options
Please report this as Feedback too
Its defo a problem with most of WhatsApp user after Android 10