Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK beta pulled

(Topic created on: 21-10-2019 02:10 PM)
SiBozzy1811
Pathfinder
Options

I registered for the beta of One UI 2.0 at roughly 01.45, downloaded and installed. I have just received a notice in the Members app stating the beta binary is not official and we (the UK) was not meant to receive it thus the registration banner was there by mistake. Is this due to the UK was meant to get the second beta update and not the first one? Also the play store shows as device not certified so is this a risk in security too?

53 REPLIES 53
Troop3r
Pathfinder
Options

I just got that message about it being a binary too

0 Likes
SiBozzy1811
Pathfinder
Options
Weird isn't it. Hope they send us an 'official binary' soon
0 Likes
Troop3r
Pathfinder
Options

It sure is weird, it says once it is sorted they will send out the proper binary for us to download 👍

0 Likes
Markl
Explorer
Options

Can Samsung UK help? What are the risks and issues with the binary we have been given?

0 Likes
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hey everyone!

This was indeed a mistake that this banner was released and you had the option to register.

We just wanted to make sure, that the binary is as stable as possible before sharing it with you and wanted to run some tests before we did it. So the risk of using such a binary is that it might have a few more errors than compared to the binary we were going to share.

The fact that Play Store shows it as "not certified" is due to it being a Beta release. And it will most likely show that information throughout the Beta. However, that does not mean that your device is less secure than it was before! :winking-face:
It just means that from Play Store's point of view this does not seem like an official binary (and none of the Beta binaries are treated as such). 

We are working hard to release the proper binary for you as soon as it is possible! 

Guppy
Explorer
Options
I just did all my shopping got to the front of a queue to pay for it all and Google pay wouldn't work! That's when I found out had to go home and get my wallet!
0 Likes
Markl
Explorer
Options

Nothing to do with wrong binary. Google Pay will not work while you are on a beta.

Andrewchrys
Journeyman
Options
Will it be today? Tomorrows? Whats the time scale
0 Likes
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Hi Guppy,

Google Pay and some other banking apps will not allow you to use some functionality like contactless payment.  during Beta testing due to the device not being "Certified" by Google.

This is one of the downfalls to Beta testing, but for me it is worth it as I get an input on the future of One UI and to see it all first.

But yes unfortunately the bank card will need to be your friend again for a while 🙂.

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
0 Likes