Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New display refresh rate?

(Topic created on: 05-11-2019 08:21 PM)
Arshaa
Navigator
Options

@TomaszT 

I know this is a very stupid question of all ๐Ÿ˜… ๐Ÿ˜… 

But is it possible for the one UI 2.0 to up the screen refresh rate of the S10+ to 90 Hz from 60Hz, given the positive feedback people have been giving it on other devices?

Really really wish it was just a software update (even though it is not) ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

4 REPLIES 4
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

@Arshaa ,

That really is wishful thinking...

But I really don't blame you. Good on you for asking the question:face-with-tears-of-joy:

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
Awahwah
Explorer
Options
I expect the display driver with the SoC isn't up to the job or if it is, Sammy need that to promote the S11.
0 Likes
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hi @Arshaa 

It wasn't a stupid question at all!

But I'm afraid that the software might not be the only factor here, so it might be challenging.

However, it is a good direction for us and I will still bring it up to the development's team attention :winking-face:

Shutupzac96
Explorer
Options

Sadly the display has to be physically capable of it. It's why 90hz monitors are a whole separate product bracket for PCs etc. 

There is good news here though. The Pixel 4XL display is made by Samsung so we know they now have the hardware available to them. So I'd say it's likely to be seen in the S11, and almost certain for the Note 11!