Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Not in Play Store

(Topic created on: 02-12-2019 11:52 AM)
Shemmy
Explorer
Options

Hi, I was wondering if anybody else had a similar issue.

I did a reset on my phone to see if it would help with the lag issues I was experiencing and when reinstalling my apps found netflix wasn't available in the play store!

Prime video and Now TV are all ok.

Netflix shows on my old list but is listed as not compatible?

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
London2tim
Helping Hand
Options

Pretty sure that Netflix is one of those app that requires the device to be certified in order to be able to install it 

as Beta is not official - you will not be able to install and use Netflix until the public release of the OS

of course this is only an issue if you made the mistake of uninstalling the app whilst on the beta

if you have it already installed it will work as long as you dont uninstall it 

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

You could try installing from a site like APK Mirror (can't try myself as I don't want to loose Netflix off my phone)

Link is here https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/netflix-inc/netflix/netflix-3-16-6-build-5382-release/ 

Or if you back up via Samsung backup you could try restoring just the Netflix App

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hi @Shemmy 

Unfortunately, as it has been mentioned already, during the Beta Netflix app might not appear in Play Store (due to Beta not being classified as a Certified software).

There is a way around that though, but it is not a convenient one.

You could rollback to Android 9, download the newest version of Netflix app and then update to Android 10 again.

And as long as you do not remove the app, it should work for you even during the Beta.

And thanks for helping out @BenGinders  & @London2tim  :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

smalin
Journeyman
Options

Try searching for Netflix in Google via Chrome and using Install button in search results, under Play Store

0 Likes