Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hacked

(Topic created on: 01-12-2020 04:33 AM)
Hfrattner
Pioneer
Options
Hello guys, how do you know if someone hacked your phone? I know this doesn't have anything to do with the android 11 One UI 3.0 update... hoping to get some answers or theories... 

Oh and if their is a way that samsung could bring a feature to notify you if someone is listening in, cloned your phone or viewing things through your camera etc, that would be wicked... 
Something like the new iPhone feature but better... 
10 REPLIES 10
Davchri
Student
Options
You will know if it is being hacked when the phone starts showing peculiarities. At the first instance back up your phone and then immediately "wipe it". This is the term used for putting your phone back to the state it was in when you took it out of the box it came in. I'm sure you can see how a hacker won't be returning from the box too! It is not a big thing erasing your phone, setting it back up again and signing in to a few accounts again just for the piece of mind that you will have prevented any further hackings, but more importantly you have saved yourself a lot of unwanted stress and paranoia that someone is bothering to watch you. I suggest an iPhone more so to protect you rather than a has been Knoxx Security that has never been that much cop considering Samsung is one of the most hacked make of mobile phone in the criminal world. And if it is definitely over heating then you most likely have some misfit controlling it as you sleep. Good Night!
SirStottalot
Pathfinder
Options
You stop smoking weed for starters, lol
0 Likes
Hfrattner
Pioneer
Options
hehe funny
0 Likes
Solution
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Hfrattner,

You can suspect that your phone has been hacked if you notice something you don't recognize on your phone, e.g. messages you didn't send, purchases you didn't make, suspicious phone calls.

You might also notice (but not necessarily) strange behavior of your applications, e.g. they switch on or off unexpectedly, or they crash or fail to load. If you think that your phone has been hacked, we would recommend you to go to the police to report the problem.

As for the suggestion, I'll forward it to our development team. Let's see if a similar feature can be implemented on our devices!:)

Hfrattner
Pioneer
Options
thank you, ill be sure to look out fir all that and i hope that samsung can implement a better version 😀
0 Likes
Hfrattner
Pioneer
Options
thank you, i will look out for that
0 Likes
Intratech
Voyager
Options
Android comes with granular permissions for apps out of the box so from the get go you can go through your installed apps and restrict permissions for functionality that the apps so not require to stop them accessing your camera & microphone when they aren't needed or the app isn't running in the foreground.
0 Likes
Booboo
Apprentice
Options
Hi Guys reading all the posts, I know for a fact my phone has been hacked. I stopped using Facebook for this purpose. But most of my Samsung phones have, everyone I had I saw strange things happen. Even this one. I have 6 ip addresses in total havnt got a clue where from. I only had the normal 2 up till about 3 months ago and then connected to the home WiFi and ended up with the rest. I also have other bits going on with it as well.

0 Likes
sortitout
Pathfinder
Options
make sure you install all security updates, I know alot of people who just don't bother.