Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dual sim options greyed out

(Topic created on: 14-06-2022 10:49 AM)
stevemm
Journeyman
Options
I have two sim cards. When making a call or sending a text the option to pick which sim has gone. Dual sim sections also greyed out? 
7 REPLIES 7
Aumeisters
Pathfinder
Options
what model you have? mine stopped working since using beta 3.0. before that occasionally had it failing as well but sorted itself after restart or sim tray removal and putting it back in
Dyceman
Navigator
Options
same for me on s20 5g dual aim, I have to pick the default sim for calling first to be able to switch, by default it will has the option of main sim
0 Likes
Dyceman
Navigator
Options
just checked and you can also put it on always ask for calls and sms and it will always give youa prompt for what network to use
0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hey @stevemm,

The UI might have changed a little bit, but I have just checked this feature on my device and I can make calls/send text messages using both SIM cards.
In a dialer app, when you select a number you should get a icon with "SIM card 1" (or "2") message. Once you tap on it, it should change to the other SIM card. Same thing when you're composing a message, above the send button there should also be this icon.
If you can't see one of the SIM cards at all or this option is greyed out, then please make sure that you remove the SIM card tray, check if the SIM cards are properly placed and instert it into your device again (might want to restart your device too, just to be sure).
If that still doesn't help, then please send an error report via Samsung Members app and make sure you attach log fies, so our development team can analyze it further.
Thank you! 😊

0 Likes
DanBS
First Poster
Options

Hello all

I am coming back to that topic again.

I do have a new Galaxy S21+ 5G and have two E-Sim activated. Both are working very well.

My idea was to have the two always on so I can receive calls on both - private and business - numbers and that I can when making a call out decide with with number and esim.

Issue is that the Dual SIM always on feature under Settings - Connections - SIM Card Manager is greyed out so no chance.

Model Number is SM-G996B/DS,  One UI Version 4.1, Android 12.

Any help?

Daniel 

0 Likes
AJS21FE
First Poster
Options

Any luck on this? I have the same problem on a S21FE. Sims both work. Whenever I'm calling with the phone doesn't detect calls coming in on the other SIM.

0 Likes
Members_wW4bdpD
Apprentice
Options

same problem with z fold 4 

software version F936BXXS1AVJ3 / F936BOXM1AVIG / F936BXXU1AVIG

EDIT:

same sim card works fine on sim1 slot, sim 2 slot report no sim, originally was working fine after software update sim 2 slot is not working any more

0 Likes