Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark mode and blue light filter

(Topic created on: 05-11-2019 08:36 AM)
WalterFox
Navigator
Options

Hi guys

My dark mode and blue light filter AND adaptive brightness is switching off by itself. Doesn't matter that everything is settled up from sunset to sunrise if after few minutes my screen is bright again, dark mode is off and blue light filter.  I have contacted a couple of times with Samsung but their advisors are completely useless. I felt patronised by them being asked three times in row did I choose option SUNSET TO SUNRISE. I know that Bixby routine is not supporting adaptive brightness but even when I turned off this feature my phone still doesn't work as it should. Even during writing this post screen became blueish and very bright 😞

Any ideas what went wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hi @WalterFox 

As you might now "Sunset to sunrise" option will apply those effects (or remove them) based on your Location.

So at night those options will automatically turn on (but that is controlled by the location still).

If at any point you disable "Location" option, then those settings might reset and will not turn those options on.

But if you have those schedule options (For Dark mode and Blue light filter) still enabled and their effects are just not applied at all (even in the middle of the night), then it is an error for sure and it would be best if you could share an error report with us using Beta Feedback option in Samsung Members app! :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
WalterFox
Navigator
Options

Hi TomaszT

Thank you for your answer.

I do want use features like blue light filter and dark mode as scheduled "sunset to sunrise" but I am not able to. I do understand that above options are related to the location. Tell me please, what you mean in particular by location? Home, work...I'm asking because I'm still in same town and country and those settings just turning OFF without any specific reasons. I already sent a couple of times but reports to Samsung (begging from April) and never get any response 😞

0 Likes
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hi @WalterFox 

By location I mean the "Location" setting (basically GPS that tracks your current location).

If it is not turned on, those features will not work. If you are in the same city, then it shouldn't really affect those options.

That's why you should try sharing the error report via Beta Feedback option in Samsung Members app :winking-face:

0 Likes
WalterFox
Navigator
Options

That's my point. I know it's obvious that location must be always ON during using dark or blue mode, anyway....yes, in my case location must be always ON 😕

0 Likes
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Oh, I am sure you know that! :smiling-face: @WalterFox 

But what I wanted to draw your attention to is that if you turn Location off and later on turn it on, then Blue light filter's and Night mode's schedule will not automatically re-enable.

That detail can easily be missed, or you might expect that if Location is turned on again, then those options should also be back on (but unfrotunatley, that is not the case).

0 Likes