Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AOD auto rotate

(Topic created on: 08-11-2019 09:21 AM)
NewAge
Navigator
Options

Can we get option to Auto rotate AOD?

I know there is an option to choose Landscape or Portrait mode manually,  but it would be best if we get Auto rotate option.

13 REPLIES 13
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hi @NewAge 

Unfortunately, for now it might not change.

This option is made so device does not constantly check the orientation it needs to display.

That helps with battery drain and performance. 

0 Likes
NewAge
Navigator
Options
Hi @TomaszT
Thanks for the response.
How about giving it as option?
That way if I decide to keep it on Auto, I know my battery might drain bit faster.
I am sure we can do that. Can't we? ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

I agree @NewAge 

But this is a really sensitive topic. 

There are many situations when users enable all the options that highly drain the battery and later on report a problem with battery drain.

All those little things pile up and can become a problem (and user might forget about it or just not be aware).

That is why our develpment team is looking for a solution, that would not have this problem :winking-face:

NewAge
Navigator
Options
Let's wait for the solution ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘
trebory6
First Poster
Options

Honestly, your answer seems so bizarre given how much ability a user has with tools like Good Lock to minutely customize phone options, and how some options even have disclaimer upon disclaimer about the caveats of enabling some options.

I agree with NewAge, it should be an option somewhere, and if not an option in Advanced Features or Labs(understandable), at least enable the ability in the back end to check orientation to allow Good Lock extensions to be able to access that option.

I also don't tend to take well to developers making decisions for me based on other user's tendencies to be forgetful or unaware, that's 90% of the reason I got rid of iOS. If that was really the case you could hook a suggestion into the "Optimize" report in "Battery and Device  Care," and suggest to turn this option off.

In addition, including an option to add an on screen button or shortcut on the AOD to manually check orientation once, not automatically, could also be a solution.  This could also be hooked into Bixby to allow a single orientation check when say plugging in a charger or double tapping the screen.

And one more common sense solution for you: You could have the phone check orientation ONCE upon activation of the AOD. So if I turn off my screen in landscape mode, the AOD stays in landscape mode.

For as much power Samsung and Android gives users in other areas of minute phone customization, it just seems bizarre to me to see an argument against giving users options for something as simple and common sense as this.

Sameerc7
Journeyman
Options

Hi @TomaszT 

It's strange that when auto rotation is set for video only purpose. home page and settings is also auto rotated even though I don't want them to. Drains MY battery. But very important required featured like AOD auto rotation cannot. And it's been 4 years. Still developers didn't come up with solution.

Members_Dk1dVSx
First Poster
Options

Why canโ€™t it be so that the always on display takes the same orientation as the phone display prior  to being locked?  No need to be checking then once the phone is locked and always on display is active.

SnoozinFox
Apprentice
Options

THIS ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Argument destroyed. Samsung, what say you?

SnoozinFox
Apprentice
Options

This aged like milk...

0 Likes