Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G on EE phone with CSC changed.

(Topic created on: 26-10-2020 03:18 PM)
Kondek85
Pathfinder
Options
Hey

Are here any people who were brave enough to changed CSC code from EE to get this beta and been using 5G network from them before the update? 
I did it and today I've noticed that in the area when I had 5G on my phone I'm getting only H+ if I have the 5G/LTE/3G/2G chosen but when when I choose LTE/3G/2G I can connect to 4G. 5G doesn't work, I understand that this comes from the CSC etc and it's ma fault
But

Does anyone know why it doesn't force 4G when 5G is not available when the option 1 is chosen?

If I have this option chosen max I get is H+ and I need to switch to the 2nd, lower, to get 4G. Weird

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dyceman
Navigator
Options
shouldn't be an issue because of csc, have you checked your apn after changing to make aure it's still correct? mine needed updating

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
slater1991
Pioneer
Options
change to lte/3g/2g and then back again. that should correct it
0 Likes
slater1991
Pioneer
Options
but to be fair I have no 5g in my area. but been showing h+ instead of 4g
0 Likes
Kondek85
Pathfinder
Options
I tried to change and it doesn't work. I bought my phone in EE shop but because of the fact that EE phones were not eligible for beta I changed the CSC.
So you have the same, if 5G is chosen and not in range it won't switch to 4G but to H+.

If you choose the option with LTE as first it does connect you with 4G right?
0 Likes
Eddiew121
Explorer
Options
I've changed my CSC too. though mine was Vodafone. 5g works fine
0 Likes
Solution
Dyceman
Navigator
Options
shouldn't be an issue because of csc, have you checked your apn after changing to make aure it's still correct? mine needed updating
0 Likes
Kondek85
Pathfinder
Options
is it EE? Can you tell me what should it be there? Or screenshot maybe?

Still, when I'm on 5G profile in connection settings my phone skips 4G when it cannot connect to 5G.
Are you in EE network? Does it show you 4G or 4G+?

I googled the settings for EE 5G and they seem to be the same as in my phone.
After you changed the CSC - is this is how it looks like on your software information?
Screenshot_20201026-182353_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Kondek85
Pathfinder
Options
Solved, it was the name of the APN, it has changed to internet instead of EE 5G. Works fine now
RhysH
Pathfinder
Options
I use a unlocked G986B/DS on EE. Works fine on beta. Switching between 5G and 4G works a treat still.
Galaxy S20+ G986B/DS Enterprise Edition (EE) Unlocked "UI 2.5"
0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Kondek85,

I am delighted to hear that you've managed to fix the issue 😉. I hope no more issues will be bothering you during your Beta experience! 😉

0 Likes