Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung's editor short manual 3 Little Points Part 5 of 10

(Topic created on: 08-07-2023 02:03 AM)
Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Samsung Section C editor: By clicking on the 3 small dots at the bottom right, you will have this

Cassidy007_7-1688778071151.jpeg

I decided to explain to you what is hidden when you click on the 3 small dots at the bottom right when you are in the Samsung editor.. Do  not confuse with the 3 small dots at the bottom right when you enters the Gallery application.

C 1: Face effect. As somebody taught me once , the Asian mentality is really different from the western mentality and for them, a nice picture of them should be perfect and should not reveal any flaws in their face whatsoever a button, a task or whatever is normal for us to see.

Different options are offered here 

• Finesse: partially removes dark circles or facial wrinkles
  • Complexion: increases/decreases luminosity on the face 
  • Jaw: makes the face look thinner than it actually is
  • Eyes: Slightly enlarges the eye to match western beauty status
  • Spot corrector: works like the object eraser by removing the spots you touch.
  • Background blur: You can slightly modify the blur of the background as long as it is far from the subject.
  • Red eyes: for this to work, you must click on the circled eye that you want to improve by removing the red that may be there.

C 2: Object Eraser: Samsung Object Eraser has greatly improved since the article I wrote and it can now enter among the top vendors in this world when it comes to object erasing disturbing things that might be in your photo. ALWAYS keep your photo editor up to date to take advantage of all these technological advances that this wonderful editor offers us. I often use Samsung DEX on the computer to enhance photos quickly and easily.

You can also erase shadows and reflections. Often, the veil which could affect your photo is often considered to be a reflection which would be on your photo which gives you a second possibility with the AUTO filter to remove this famous veil which makes your photo less clear

C 3: Color Zone: By clicking here, all the colors will disappear from the photo and you can choose in which zone you would like to have color on your photo. This function is very useful for creating this kind of photos. This is one of three ways you can achieve this. 

I put you here a link so that you know the other two.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/here-is-how-to-add-color-to-a-quot-black-and-wh... 

Cassidy007_1-1688777993087.png

C 4: Style: 10 different creative styles are offered to you by Samsung. You will be able to decide for yourself if your photo looks like a watercolor or an oil painting which could greatly help you if you draw lightly or if you paint on canvas or any other background . Whether you're painting on furniture or parchment paper, you'll be able to see your creation before you actually create it. Here are the 10 styles offered apart from the original version: 

• Color pencils
  • BD (comics)
  • Watercolor
  • blue ink
  • Pastel 
  • Marker pen
  • Line drawing
  • Oil painting
  • Cubist
  • pencil/wash

See also https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/filters-and-styles-of-the-samsung-editor-become... 

Know that you can mix several styles together to help you make your final choice.

C 5: Mixing of colors which should be called TINTS: Few people know this part of the Samsung editor but know that knowing this one allows you to increase/decrease the intensity of each existing color in your photo and make bring out the color as desired. Thanks to this function, you can completely change the color of an object to replace it with the one you want. 

In addition, as if this were not enough, Samsung has added a pipette to allow you to choose a particular color that you would like to sublimate. WOW! 

C 6: Save as copy: This is the function I prefer because saving all my photo modifications as a copy reassures me and by working in this way, I am sure that I will never lose the original photo. I'd rather take more disk space than lose the original photo…It's my way of working!

C 7: Resize: Useful function to reduce the size and weight of the photo, especially if you want to send a photo to the various social networks. I should use it more often when I send a huge photo to the forum knowing that Samsung will drastically reduce it in size anyway and it will improve the quality of the photo on the forum.

C 8: About Samsung editor: By clicking here you will be able to see the Samsung editor version You will see an i… Click on the I to go to the Photo Editor app in case an day you had to clear the cache. Few people know that this application exists. Did you know ?

Cassidy007_2-1688777992931.png

Can you help me to find the name of this application in english ?

For simple edits, I always use the Samsung editor, which in addition to being powerful, is very user-friendly and easy to use.

The most frequent retouching will be on the level of luminosity and all that derives from it, whether it be saturation, exposure, contrast, definition, shadows, highlights, warmth and I play very slightly on the sharpness which can easily get extreme if you're not careful. 

Contrary to popular belief, a RAW photo is much smaller than its .JPG version BUT it contains much more information than the simplified version

Cassidy007_3-1688777992935.png

11.4cm X 15.9cm at 100% A RAW photo is not always pretty when you open it in a photo editor and that's where our work begins if we want to improve it. 

I always work with .RAW photos and very rarely .JPG photos  which will never give the results I can get with a .RAW photo

Cassidy007_4-1688777993506.png

16.51cm X 22.01cm at 100%

As an example, let's take the following photo and look at the final result.

Photo originale RAW :

Cassidy007_5-1688777992928.png

I always start the same way on the Photoshop Elements photo editor that I chose more than ten years ago and that I update from time to time. ( Paid update of course).

I open the RAW photo and ..

1- I click on Automatic brightness and if I am not satisfied with the result, I uncheck this function because I will rework the brightness myself later.

2- Once the photo is open in the editor, I click on Reduce shake.

3- Then, I click on Auto sharpen and if I'm not satisfied, I do CTRL-Z to go back one step on my computer.

4- I try the Accentuation option which will accentuate the plumage of my birds… On Samsung, this function is called DEFINITION.

5- Once I have done these 4 steps, I may saturate the colors and/or play with the luminosity or even increase/decrease the intensity of the different colors. On Samsung, it's called Color Blending (tints).

6- If I have to change the background to put a more attractive one, I erase all the objects that could affect the new background that I will put and then I paste the new background on a layer that I will position according to my needs.

7- I finalize by adding my watermark and this at the very end when I know that I will probably no longer work on this photo. I never save on the original, I prefer to rename it Image 640-1.***.... 

*** can be .JPG or .PSD etc depending on the application used.

Note that you can do the same actions in Lightroom and you can even automate them.

Here is the final photo that I cropped before sharing it with you.

Cassidy007_0-1688778497555.jpeg

To see it in its entirety, open the photo in your favorite browser.

Contents : 

1-  Introduction

2-  Opening the Gallery application

3-  The different sections of the editor 

4-  Open the Samsung photo/video editor

5 -  The 3 small points of the editor

6 -  The styles offered by Samsung

7  Mixing colors or shades

8-   The different filters available 

9-   Learn how to use the Samsung editor to enhance your photos 

10-  Conclusion: The strengths and weaknesses of the Samsung Editor (    Under construction)

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
1 REPLY 1
Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Reserved 

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
0 Likes