Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSLR or Mobile?

(Topic created on: 09-04-2024 05:33 PM)
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I asked Samsung Electronics EVP and Head of Video Solutions, Dr Joshua Sungdae Cho at the S24 Launch, did he think Mobile cameras had now closed the gap to DSLR, he politely answered the gap is close but DSLR is still better.

So with my ageing Panasonic Lumix G2 vs my Samsung ZFold4 using the Expert Raw app, no AI, not editing, both point and shoot off we went to Mercedes-Benz World.

Casein point two shots of the Mercedes Benz: Mercedes 75Ps - Bj. 1906

For me the Mobile wins, why, simple for me the Mobile shots are better, I can edit and tweak later, but mostly not having to lug a camera bag around and looking like a tourist with the DSLR around my neck.

#Photography #DSLR #MobileCamera #Creativity #Samsung

DSLR

ZFOLD4 

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
10 REPLIES 10
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

In this case the ZFold 4 image is more appealing.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Smartphone cameras are really great now. Constantly impressed with what they can achieve.
For me there's something about my mirror less full frame Lumix S1 I love.
But a Smartphone is a lot smaller and very much lighter.
One of my main adjustments is setting the aperture on the camera. Obviously something I can't do with the Smartphone.
Maybe one day that will be a software feature that can be done
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
I compare the camera on the S24U with my Sony ZVE-10 and I find them almost similar powerwise.
I am happy to use the phone on many occasions because of the quality of the camera. They are both unique in their own way and they can be used accordingly, but I can almost say that tye phone can replace the camera if you can't take the camera with you.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
S24U is way ahead of the ZFOLD4 💪

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I think back to the Sony and Samsung mobiles that tried to be more camera, but never caught on, but looking at the attachments and pro stabilisation rigs for the S24U 👏

Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
Idk but those pictures from the ZFold 4 don't look as noisy and the details don't blend in too much when you zoom into the picture.
0 Likes
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
I heard a Sony phone has got real camera lense on it. Still wouldn't trade it for the Sam.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Mobile photos are good for instant sharing.

DSLR photos are for printing and heavy manipulation.

They both have their place .

Since I got the S21 ultra my whole Nikon system is gathering dust.

I am just too lazy to lug them camera and lenses around and not to mention wasting time on editing.

For Travel Mobile phones are handy as you can shoot photos or take a video on the fly.

For occasions like weddings, Communions, Baptisms etc DSLR all the way.

There's no way I'd trust the Mobile camera except maybe for video.

You can't beat a dedicated lens.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

For certain  situations/ocassions obviously DSLR 's will be superior.  However I have a confession to make , I have never actually owned one 😁, did not have the inclination to be carrying all that weight  around.   I did have a number of compact cameras  , a few I still have such as Sony and Fujufilm.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.