Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam filter list is at it's maximum.

(Topic created on: 22-07-2021 04:20 PM)
tigermoth50
Journeyman
Options
What do I do now that my spam filter list is full?
32 REPLIES 32
Eightball714
Apprentice
Options

I'd like to know too! I need more entries... 500 isn't enough! How do you get more?

0 Likes
Eightball714
Apprentice
Options

Yes, the Samsung combined email app. 

0 Likes
Eightball714
Apprentice
Options

When you delete all those entries, don't you start receiving spam emails drop those people again?

0 Likes
Members_9EMKKQR
First Poster
Options

Specific to the Samsung Email app there are 2 ways to remove this 500 limit.

Ive been permanetly deleting spam thats been filtered with [spam] in the title and recently been getting this 500 limit message. 

I tried settings in the email app and went to spam addresses and removed 10 as a test.

Then i went to the where the inbox sent etc folders are. If you scroll down it shows the spam folder. I thought this was being deleted each time i permanently removed [spam] emails daily. It turns out there is a 2nd layer of spam that goes into that spam folder as well. Delete all those.

i found 500 plus emails there i hadnt even realised were there. 

Ive deleted them all and hope both these methods fixes it for everyone too.

Samsung need to unify their spam options all in one place and give the solution not the problem on their error messaging ie 500 limit reached. Goto spam folder to delete or delete [spam] tags using search and then delete twice to ensure its permanently deleted.

0 Likes
Dusil
Journeyman
Options

This thread has nothing to do with how to delete the spam addresses folder and everything to do with the fact that there is a 500 address limit!

Deleting spam addresses means that you will ONCE AGAIN get spam from those addresses! That is counter productive.

The point of this thread is for Samsung to come to their senses and increase the spam address limit to something useful like 10000.

0 Likes
SCOOK
Student
Options

Thanks, that's what I needed to know.  I ran out of space a year ago and never found how to empty it. New ones keep appearing, and I believe that old ones are abandoned almost as quick. If you wanted to block all of them I think your phone would have to have about one Terabyte of storage just to get by for five years. I just worry about the latest ones.

0 Likes
Dusil
Journeyman
Options

Not sure where you came to the conclusion that 1TB of storage would be needed for a spam filter. Since the filter is only storing email addresses and each character is 1 byte. Then a simple calculation would be:

100 character email = 100 bytes

100,000 emails x 100 bytes = 10MB of storage

So blocking 100,000 emails would take up the space of one audio track. There is no excuse for Samsung to fix this issue.

0 Likes
SCOOK
Student
Options

That Terabyte was just meant as a joke, but you are missing the point. In the US, there were 12.2 billion spam texts in March 2023 for example.  It is not practical to store every spam number on your phone. Apple, Samsung, and 3rd party apps have spam blockers that prevent receiving calls/texts from any number that you have not called or do not have in your contact list. I use that on my iPhone and it works very well. I don't have one for my old S7, because I only use it when working outdoors, hunting, or boating.  I don't believe any phone manufacturer will ever provide more than 1000 spaces for blocked numbers as there are better methods to stop spam.

0 Likes
Members_nqhK9Iv
First Poster
Options

Click on the email folder, click on clogged wheel (settings), scroll down to spam addresses, hold down first spam contact until select all appears, select all, delete

0 Likes
Rosiecheeks
First Poster
Options
This worked! Thank you 😊
0 Likes