Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam filter list is at it's maximum.

(Topic created on: 22-07-2021 04:20 PM)
tigermoth50
Journeyman
Options
What do I do now that my spam filter list is full?
32 REPLIES 32
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Apparently 500 is the limit on blocking on Gmail:

https://bit.ly/3znwOrS

I guess the solution is not in blocking the address since someone determined can just by pass this with another email address. See if this page helps:

https://bit.ly/3kZ95dN

I think Stevens post about filtering could be a solution but honestly I don't get enough spam.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Yeah this sounds like the way to go 👍
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
This: https://www.jotform.com/help/404-how-to-prevent-emails-from-landing-in-gmails-spam-folder might help to explain the steps to setting up filters in your Gmail account.
0 Likes
Members_2HUBOEr
Student
Options

What a daft comment! This is a Samsung community, and the comment clearly relates to the Samsung email app which has a limit of 500 addresses for spam! 

Members_2HUBOEr
Student
Options

It doesn't work like that in the Samsung email app which was being referred to! This isn't outlook SMH...

Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
This may come as a complete surprise to you, but your phone is really just a pocket-sized version of a computer! If you set up rules and filters on your pc, they control what you will see appearing on your device. The idea of this community is to HELP OTHER MEMBERS, not hurl insults at people.
AntS
Options

@Members_2HUBOEr

The Samsung Email app is an email management system, allowing access to emails from different email providers/clients all in one place, as opposed to an email provider/client itself. The app or desktop versions from the email providers/clients themselves may have different options available than the Samsung Email app, which are definitely worth exploring.

Filters are a good suggestion for a workaround in this case, as it should affect how incoming emails are organised before they appear in the Samsung Email app. But definitely depends on whether the email provider/client somewhere has the option to do it natively – as Steven9761 said above.

Dusil
Journeyman
Options

At this day and age, the Samsung spam limit of 500 is ridiculous.  I reach this limit in weeks because I get around 30 spam emails across 8 email addresses. There is absolutely no technical justification to keep it at an arbitrary 500 limit. It should be 10000 at least.

DocBlase
First Poster
Options

Here is how to delete addresses from your Samsung Email list, to make room for new ones, or fix an accidental block:

Open your email app. > tap the Menu on the top left.  > tap Settings gear on top right  > scroll down to Spam Addresses.

>tap Remove button. That opens the select radio buttons. Choose the ones you want to remove (it's none of them probably, but you have to make room. 500 is the Android 12 limit).

-You can select all by using the button on top-left. -

Once selected, tap the Remove button again and they are deleted . 😉

As far as I know there is no way to increase the Spam List limit within Android. A third-party app may be the way to go (?) I just ran into this today so we'll all find out. 

Dusil
Journeyman
Options

Hi Docblase, I have no issues with how to delete the spam database. In fact I have to do this on average about every 3 months. It's my quartly reminder of the ridiculousness of Samsung's stupid the 500 limit. But thanks for the message. I know you're just trying to help. Stay safe.

0 Likes