Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrolling with mobile phones

(Topic created on: 28-02-2021 12:22 PM)
PaulH90
First Poster
Options

I've been experiencing some repitive strain issues in my hand while scrolling using the screen. Im not a heavy user by all means, but I have noticed that when scrolling your hand is in an alomst 'cramped' position, as your thumb moves up and down, which is a very natural movement.

However i have a suggestion which might help. This is to have a small pad sensor on the back of the device, or utilise the finger print sensor in some way. This would allow your hand to be in a more natural postion while scrolling. A very similar position to that of a traditional desktop mouse, when using the scrolling wheel. 

Thanks

Paul

2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's not a bad idea for phone's that have the scanner on the back if they move back to that setting as most Samsung phones now have this scanner on the front.

Perhaps send your feedback via the Samsung Members app @PaulH90 

I've been ok with scrolling myself and the new 120hz adaptive refresh rate makes the scrolling experience much smoother.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Blackberry used to have a scroll sensor above their physical keyboards, another idea would be to use the volume rocker for page up/page down if it could autosense when media is not playing and a page of text is open
0 Likes