Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen burn

(Topic created on: 20-12-2022 10:00 PM)
DanielD03
Student
Options
Hello,
I m just curious,in my family are 3 Samsung Galaxy S8(Two S8+ and one S8), and after 5 years of use all of them have Screen Burn,is this normal or maybe is from the software update which was 2 months ago?Beacuse only now after the update i noticed that the S8 is clearly see that has screen burned and the other 2 S8+ you have to look more close to screen to see that .
So,i m just wondering if this is normal for Samsung Phones?😅🙂
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
The S8 models are getting on a bit now regarding age. It's not really surprising that the displays are suffering from screen burn. Especially if you all tend to stick with the same wallpapers and don't change them on a regular basis.
If you ever think of "upgrading" sometime then I highly recommend the A53 5G. It's basically a budget phone but with a few tweaks, can be a real flier. Like mine.
DanielD03
Student
Options
Thank you
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Any OLED screen will suffer from screen burn under certain conditions.
After 5 years, I'm not surprised to be honest
As @Bigtasty65 said. If the same screen savers etc are used, then it's likely screen burn will eventually happen.
The phones have done really well if they have been used daily for 5 years
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I've still got my S8. Even though the display is all cracked up after a drop.The phone still works perfectly, and the display responds to touches everywhere (even over all the cracks)! I have to admit, it was/is the perfect size phone for me. The most comfortable phone Samsung has made maybe??

I've dropped my A53 5G lately. Flat down on the display onto a concrete floor at work. Holding my breath I was shocked that I couldn't find a single mark or scratch on it anywhere! Phew...a lucky man or a robust phone..or both! Lol
Have a great Christmas and all the best for the New Year 👍🏻