Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S8 Wifi Calling option not available

(Topic created on: 03-02-2021 02:58 PM)
Viren2401
First Poster
Options

Hello 

I have an unlocked S8 on the Vodafone network in the UK. 

My Vodafone account is set up for wifi as I know that Vodafpne support this.

However, I am unable to find the option on my phone to enable the option. I have tried selecting phone>3 dots>settings> but wifi calling isnt there and tried settings>apps>3 dots>system apps>phone>settings etc etc but still no option to switch wifi calling on.

My software is up to date. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
DVL83
Explorer
Options
isn't it in your drop down options on the home screen?

Screenshot_20210203-154706_Samsung Members.jpg

0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi - a few folks had probs with this after the Android 11 update with a few different ways of sorting it - hopefully one of these will also work on your S8

Seems to be that the Vodafone configuration file on the phone is missing the WiFi call bit - the options below are to try and have the phone re check for them

Can try them in any order and check after each one if your WiFi Calling option back - if so then no need to try the others
Before you start make sure your WiFi on and connected and check in Settins - Connections- Mobile Networks - Network Mode that mode is set to LTE/ 3G/2G

Options to try :

( I have stated where the settings are based on my Note10 - not sure if will be in same place on your S8 so you may need to hunt for them )

1) Turn off phone - remove sim card Turn phone on then off again Re insert Sim and turn phone on

2) ( with phone on and sim in ) Go to Settings - Connections- Mobile Networks- Network Operators - and turn off automatic - will then ask if you want to scan for networks - say yes and when it lists available networks tap on Vodafone ( this is what worked for me on my Note 10+ )

3) Call Vodafone and ask them to send you an OTA configuration file
Might have to call them a few times before you get answered by someone who knows what you're talking about - some might say they don't do that - just need to keep calling every so often till you get someone who knows !!!

Good luck hopefully one of these will sort it

0 Likes
Viren2401
First Poster
Options
hello,
This is not available on my handset.
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Should maybe have mentioned if any of these options sort it then the option for WiFi Calling should appear in where you had looked ie Phone - 3 dots - Settings
0 Likes