Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[REQUESTING HELP] Incorrect Password for a correct password screen lock

(Topic created on: 24-10-2020 04:51 AM)
EssamKassem
Apprentice
Options

So, I have my Samsung J4 here and it was totally working fine with me recently. I have a lot of important data on it which I can never sacrifice losing by factory reset and cannot backup sadly. I left my mobile for a brief while and tried to unlock it again but says incorrect password which is 100% correct. Tried to restart it million of times but still says incorrect password for the correct password. I tried to unlock it from Findmymobile by Samsung, once I click unlock it keeps loading and then says "something went wrong". So kindly I'm seeking immediate help since I really really need these data on my mobile and I cannot just factory reset it and lose it for a problem that didn't  occur from my end. 

9 REPLIES 9
boobet
Apprentice
Options
I m having same trouble.n it's so annoying
0 Likes
boobet
Apprentice
Options
I would appreciate any help .what can I do to rectify ?
EssamKassem
Apprentice
Options

Hopefully one on the moderators can help us ASAP with this, cannot do a factory reset or that will ruin a lot of things for me by losing these data.

0 Likes
RobBenJones
First Poster
Options
Me too. Very generic error message. My phone went dead and the password I thought I changed it too didn't work. I wonder if the password after reset is stored differently than unlock screen.
Petsy
Student
Options

I can confirm I have the same problem. Everything was fine on Friday but since yesterday (didn't check my phone on Saturday because I only use it for work). Tried the hard reset with holding down power and volume - which actually got the phone to reset. To further run the start-up I had to enter my passcode which worked but then I have the same problem again as I can't get trough the lockscreen. My passcode has 6 digits because it is linked to my workprofile but after entering 4 digits I receive the error that I used the wrong passcode. No clue what is going on but it has already stated my workprofile has been deleted which is a major pain. Please fix this soon!

EssamKassem
Apprentice
Options

Sadly the customer service told me the only way to fix that is to factory reset the cellphone which is not acceptable solution since it's not our fault to do that, hopefully one of the moderators here will check our issue and help us as soon as possible since this is important.

0 Likes
Petsy
Student
Options

Any update on this?

0 Likes
EssamKassem
Apprentice
Options

Sadly nothing, customer service is useless and their only answer is to format the mobile. Had to do it.

0 Likes
iTheMask
Student
Options

I'm facing exactly the same issue mentioned here, on a Galaxy A11 (SM-A115F). The device refuse to unlock using the correct PIN. Moreover, I can't restart/restart in safe-mode/turn off the device since it does ask for the PIN.

Finally, trying to unlock with Find My Mobile gives "Something went wrong" message without any more explanation. While all other features like the location, ringtone does work?

This is really messed up from Samsung, like why I can't unlock my device with the 100% correct passcode/PIN?

0 Likes