Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS update on unlocked note 8

(Topic created on: 01-01-2021 11:57 PM)
Erehh123
First Poster
Options

Ive been waiting and told by samsung support that i would receive One UI update soon. ive been told this from 2019 june to this day. how do i actually get an update on an unlocked samsung galaxy note 8? i am tired of this irresponsible company doing literally nothing for years. as the time goes my phone becomes even slower and slower because all the app updates are not supported on the old OS. just how much irresponsible can a company be???

Do you have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I doubt it will get One UI. It has already had 2 major updates as per Samsung policy, also the change from monthly to quarterly security updates also indicates ending support.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Erehh123 

As far as I can see your phone model wasn't on the upgrade spread sheet.

Screenshot_20210102-061954_Dropbox.jpg

And this is on sammobile.

sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s8-galaxy-note-8-will-not-be-getting-android-10-update. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
Um, note 8 did get one UI 1.0 way back in 2019. I know this as I have used note 8, s8 and a8 all of which got that update in 2019. If you know how to you could research on how to flash the ROM onto your phone or just send it in to Samsung, seems like a weird software or hardware bug that it's not getting OTA updates for 2 years
0 Likes