Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCD about minor damage

(Topic created on: 01-03-2024 07:15 AM)
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Is anyone else on here ocd about minor damage to the phone? My s23 ultra had 8 micro scratches on the screen and it had chips all along the bottom bezel from a case. The rear as far as I remember was ok. It took me ages to get over it and I did more or less. On my new phone I have one tiny dot on the back of it which I believed came from a drop. The rear of the phone is the same colour and texture as s23 ultra. The rest of the phone is absolutely fine, just taking me a while to not think about this one. Was just wondering am I the only one? More important things in life to worry about but yet these things niggle. I suspect in a few weeks it won’t bother me it’s because it’s new. 

0 Likes
Go to solution
29 REPLIES 29
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

I’m glad I am not the only one with issues, wish I could case mine but it always ends up coming off and as mentioned in the comments a case actually chipped my old ultra so I think I’m just one of those people. Although I had an iPhone 13 which I used for 12 months without a mark on it until it fell off side of bath.,

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's ironic, all mobiles are declared are super robust, durability tested with the latest super duper screen glass, plus a sleek profile design.

We then buy it and a screen protector and bulky case to protect it.

Oh the irony.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

It’s very true. Never had and probably never will but I have never had any major damage on my phone. Worst damage I had was on the s23 ultra and even on that I got used to it 😂

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Had the iPhone a week before I got that mark. I will probably never get anymore for the life of the phone but I always find it happens on the first week. I wouldn’t be bothered in 9 months time 😂

Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
I get your point but there are some really nice transparent cases that you can use. I always user protection for my phones, I like the case to be in mint condition, and it also protects the hardware inside the phone. It's not in my interest to damage the phone due to mechanical accidents. Besides I like it when it looks like new. I even used to put tpu film on the back of the phone, haven't done with the S24U because every review said it's more scratch resistant.
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
True, eventually you get used to it if there is a scratch or something. From my experience with Samsung, they survived a great deal of falls miraculously, all my devices have been very well built and sturdy. I have seen even some Iphones from my friends that survived mechanical damage and worked perfect.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Yea I get you I just can’t get in with them they eventually get taken off 

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

You do get used it. I don’t know why this dot botheres me so much it might not have even been the drop it might have been sand in my pocket that caused it. I tell you now though I bet you nothing else happened for the life of the phone it always happens in the first week. Think it just annoys me as in certain light it sparkles lol. End of day though it’s tiny and it’s on the back of the phone where you don’t look so I will get over it 😂

Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
I remember how worried I was after my S20U had a really bad fall, but hardware and software wise there was absolutely nothing wrong with it, I think you shouldn't worry so much for a scratch or a little notch, the phone works and nothing is wrong with it, put your mind at rest and enjoy your gem of a phone. These phones these days are alot stronger than we think.
0 Likes
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
It goes down to the user experience after all. Alot of people don't put protection on their phones and have them for years and the phones look nice.
0 Likes