Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCD about minor damage

(Topic created on: 01-03-2024 07:15 AM)
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Is anyone else on here ocd about minor damage to the phone? My s23 ultra had 8 micro scratches on the screen and it had chips all along the bottom bezel from a case. The rear as far as I remember was ok. It took me ages to get over it and I did more or less. On my new phone I have one tiny dot on the back of it which I believed came from a drop. The rear of the phone is the same colour and texture as s23 ultra. The rest of the phone is absolutely fine, just taking me a while to not think about this one. Was just wondering am I the only one? More important things in life to worry about but yet these things niggle. I suspect in a few weeks it won’t bother me it’s because it’s new. 

0 Likes
Go to solution
29 REPLIES 29
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Yea that’s me I rarely have any damage and even if I do it’s always minor marks 

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Yea for me it’s just when it happens so early, on this phone and on my ultra it happened within a week. My ultra got a few extra minor scratches on the screen over the months. This phone won’t get any on the screen Ceramic Shield is amazing it may get a couple more on the back though 

Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
That's good, you look very well after your phones.
0 Likes
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
I am glad you have a phone with a good strong screen, I have seen it in the shop and I liked it too.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Yea it’s only ever minor marks I get I even put it on soft surfaces I think any marks come from debris or sand in my pocket 

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

The screen on the iPhone 15 is insane if they had that glass on the back as well it would be the most durable phone in the world. (Apart from rugged ones obviously) 

Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
That sounds great. 👌
Part of why I didn't want IPhones was because they were breaking easily, but I always had a weakness for the screen lol
0 Likes
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
That's why I am putting cases on them☺️
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

To be fair recent iPhones are strong I think only exception is the pro max this year but having regular 15 I’m all good. 

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Yea if cases don’t annoy you it’s a great thing I just can’t get on with them. Can’t hold a £800 iPhone in my hand and it feel like a £80 motorola. Apple and samsung designed a phone to feel that if that makes sense. It was great I used to have a Motorola g30 for my work it got dropped squashed abused sat nav running for hours on end plugged in all day on a hot dash board and it lived to tell the tail apart from heavy marks on it it was great then I traded it in for my s23 ultra last year and got £150 for it under the any phone for 150 deal 😂😂😂

0 Likes