Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to view dismissed notification, can't install any apps

(Topic created on: 18-02-2020 10:15 AM)
wizofaus
Student
Options

I just received a push notification with some critical info to my S8 (running Android 9).  On trying to read the notification it seems it got dismissed and now I need to get it back. On other Android phones this can be done via the Notification Log (part of the Settings widget), but this is not available on the S8.  I'm unable to install any apps currently (network issue at the office), so how am I able to retrieve the full text of the notification I just received?

Thanks

Dylan

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
wizofaus
Student
Options

BTW I was able to install an app eventually (Notification History by mydloch) - but even that can't show the notifications I've already received. What app can I use for that?  There's a key piece of data in the notification I received that I can't find anywhere now.

0 Likes
wizofaus
Student
Options

I also tried installing the Nova Launcher and after some struggle was able to add a shortcut to the Notification Log app - but even that doesn't show the notification I'm trying to get hold of, even though it's showing ones from before that time.  Note that this notification was sent specifically from the Firebase console to all users of the app in question.

0 Likes