Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

My S9 will not allow me to access default camera without

(Topic created on: 29-08-2020 05:41 PM)
SeanPierre
First Poster
Options

So my phone updated a couple days ago and now I cant access the default camera app without turning location permissions on. Location is turned off on my phone in general, and I'm really suspicious of this. I shouldn't have to pinpoint my location to take a picture. Now I cant use my camera. It's the default app not 3rd party, and I've tried resetting the phone and network settings

Screenshot_20200828-154903_Camera.jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Adrian_Kilgour
Pioneer
Options
It uses location to show you where you took the image in Gallery. It is however kind of stupid that it stops you from opening the app without it on 😒. Try this out: Give it location permissions and then go in the settings in the camera app and disable location tags. Then disable location permissions. Hope this works 🤞🤞

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Adrian_Kilgour
Pioneer
Options
It uses location to show you where you took the image in Gallery. It is however kind of stupid that it stops you from opening the app without it on 😒. Try this out: Give it location permissions and then go in the settings in the camera app and disable location tags. Then disable location permissions. Hope this works 🤞🤞
0 Likes
SeanPierre
First Poster
Options

That worked thanks! It must have turned location tags on when updated

0 Likes