Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock Screen Notifications

(Topic created on: 09-01-2020 04:23 PM)
ThatBoyPaul
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I have an S8 Active and I recently used Smart Switch to transfer some data over from an S8. However, now my lock screen is a little different and I preferred the way it was before. Now when I am on the Always On screen and I double-click on the home button it takes me to a preview screen of my notifications. When I try to expand on one of these notifications it then opens the pulldown screen as if my phone were unlocked and I pulled from the top. Is there a way to get rid of this intermediate page? I would just like it to go from the Always On screen to the Pulldown screen when I want more info about a notification. I am thinking there is some setting or possibly a theme that has been applied. Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options
@ThatBoyPaul: I must confess that I'm a little confused, as the Galaxy S8 doesn't feature a physical Home button, and the navigation bar shouldn't be visible on your AOD. With this in mind, please can you clarify what you are double pressing initially? Are you able to provide a screen shot?

If you have Always On Display active, and if you can see the number of notifications represented as a number (e.g. +5), double tapping on that number will bring up your notification panel as if the phone were unlocked. If you have a medium to high security feature on the S8 such as a PIN or Password, then tapping on a notification should request the relevant security details before opening up the app. If you have the phone set to 'Swipe To Unlock' then tapping on the notification will take you straight to the app.
0 Likes
ThatBoyPaul
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the quick reply, Andrew! I was worried that I would be unable to successfully explain my dilemma without pictures. I have included two screenshots below to assist. For clarity, when I describe this scenario I will talk about three "pages." The first page is the Always On Display, of which I was unable to capture a screenshot. Also, it should be noted that my unlock method is swipe.

You're right that it is not a physical button but the home icon is still present on the AOD. When I double-tap that it opens a preview screen(Second Page) of my notifications(Same result is achieved by pressing the power button while on AOD). However, it doesn't show everything I would like and it also doesn't really let me interact with the notifications. When I try to interact with them it brings up a new view(Third page), which is the same as thepulldown if the phone were unlocked.

Before the update I do not believe this second page would pop up. I would like to eliminate this page, if possible, or modify it somehow. Do you know if either of these are possible? Please let me know if you have further questions.

Screenshot Second Page.jpgScreenshot Third Page.jpg

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@ThatBoyPaul: Thank you for clarifying. If you unlock the phone and go to Settings > Lock Screen > Notifications (On) > View Style > Details > Hide Content > Off > Show On Always On Display > On, this will bring up a detailed view of your notifications upon the initial Home button press (or when pressing the Power button). At this stage you can double tap on a notification to open the relevant app, or swipe it away to dismiss it. If i understand correctly, this is the second screen that you wanted to bypass however sadly this isn't possible, as this was introduced to prevent accidental button presses on the lock screen. Hopefully the above will help, though.
0 Likes
ThatBoyPaul
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your help, Andrew! I had that setting enabled already but after tweaking some things I think I was able to get it to a state that restored my sanity. 

0 Likes