Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J7 unlock

(Topic created on: 02-07-2021 02:08 PM)
Mickeymac
Apprentice
Options
I recently gave my friend my old J7.
She did a factory reset to empty it of personal data which produced a Samsung security screen. I gave her the password but it wasn't recognised and the phone locked up for 24 hrs. The Samsung Acc does not now recognise that phone so we are stuck.
Anyone got any thoughts? Thank you if you have. Mike

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
If this tip helped, please can you click the three dots on my comment and select the 'accept solution' option? Thanks! 😋

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try hard resetting the phone. Just search 'how to hard reset Samsung Galaxy J7' to learn how to do this 😀.
Mickeymac
Apprentice
Options
OK 👌
0 Likes
Solution
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
If this tip helped, please can you click the three dots on my comment and select the 'accept solution' option? Thanks! 😋
0 Likes
Mickeymac
Apprentice
Options
Will do.Passed it on but haven't heard yet
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

For anyone who has this issue on J7  try the following steps:

• Turn off the device to Boot into Recovery Mode.
  • Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
  • When the device logo screen displays, release only the Power key
  • When the Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  • Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset.’
  • Press Power button to select.
  • Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted.
  • Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
  • When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
  • Press the Power key to restart the device.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Mickeymac
Apprentice
Options
thanks for your response problem seems to be solved 👍
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Mickeymac  Good to hear 😀

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes