Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In need of a bit of tech support- My note 8 seems to slow down dramatically/stutter when it's playing loud dissonance.

(Topic created on: 20-12-2022 11:24 PM)
GeekTheSiren
First Poster
Options

I have a note 8, and it's great (it does occasionally shut down for seemingly no reason but I deal with it). However, I've come to realize it has an issue- whenever the phone is playing loud or dissonant tones it stutters a LOT, both the audio and in general. It's come to annoy me quite a lot, as I have adhd and multitask a lot, which usually leads to me having multiple apps (and multiple soundtracks) open at once. Has anyone run into the same issue? Does anyone know a fix? 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @GeekTheSiren 

The phone may just need a bit of a clean up.

Here are some things you can try. 

• Use the optimisation tool in device care.
  • Check your internal storage isn't close to being used up.
  • Ensure your phone's software is updated.
  • Ensure your apps in the Playstore and Galaxy Store are updated.
  • Use the diagnostic tool in your Samsung Members App.
  • Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict.  This should also help with if something is making your phone shut down randomly 😒 
  • Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 
  • As a last resort back up and Factory Reset.
  • A Samsung Service Centre can check out your phone.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "