Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide message content in notification bar even if device is unlocked and until opens that particular app

(Topic created on: 21-02-2020 01:25 PM)
Venkata_kiran
First Poster
Options

Hi, I want to get a notification for a message but the message content should be hidden in the notification bar even if the device is unlocked.

Privacy is compromising due to lack of this feature. The below cases is all my concern,

1. Unlocked and given the phone to a friend and other friend sends me a personal top secret  message in whats app and it was shown in the  notification bar, that should be hidden.

2. OTP should not visible in notification bar until open message application. 

3. Hide apps feature is just hiding the application from homescreen and is visible when using search option. When again revisiting search option the hidden application is showing in suggest/recent search history then what is the use of hide app feature.

Previously i was using redmi mobile and in that all the above requirements were fulfilled. 

How can I acheive those in samsung Galaxy m30s mobile?

5 REPLIES 5
Shilpa
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

Iam also facing the same issue with whatsapp and imo messages. When the phone is unlocked, any one can see my message content in notification panel.

Earlier i was using xiaomi mobile where i dont see this issue at all.

Requesting the respective team to resolve this issue ASAP and update.

RussianJHU
First Poster
Options

Same issue with Galaxy Z Flip 5G. Tried everything. All message apps (even stock) show message content in notification bar. Absolutely atrocious!

Gave Samsung another chance after 10 years on Google's Nexus / Pixel phones. OS is garbage. No common sense in design. Tons of bloatware. But, basic privacy settings don't exist. 

Returning phone. Never buying Samsung anything ever again!

0 Likes
DanielOiz
First Poster
Options

Same here. I was using Xiaomi and I thought this feature was available on all Android phones. Really disappointing.

0 Likes
carlcroger
First Poster
Options

I have samsung A72 and it does not have option to hide message details or cv them when screen is on. I have used huwaei phone in past and it had this feature. 

0 Likes
CLWalker
Journeyman
Options
I can't really give you an answer to remedy your problem mate but I will personally say that it is a lot easier not to activate two step verification
0 Likes