Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi

(Topic created on: 09-04-2021 07:04 PM)
Lis3
Apprentice
Options
Hi when  you  change  net works  from pay  and go  to contact  do you  have  to change  number  as i wasn't  sent a  Pac  number 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
InfinitePlayz15
Journeyman
Options
You have to request a pac number from your previous sim company.
0 Likes
Lis3
Apprentice
Options
Ahh thank you 😊
0 Likes
harris_barris
Pioneer
Options
The above advice is correct. Only if you're changing operators though. When I changed from a sim only deal to a contract phone with the same company (three) I never needed a PAC code. Of your changing companies, you will need your PAC code though. If you have had the same number for more than a year, then they are legally obliged to give you it for free. However, under a year you will likely get charged roughly £20. Hope this helps.
Lis3
Apprentice
Options
Brill thank loads for your help 😊
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Texting PAC to 65075 should trigger the process of a PAC code by SMS. If this fails for whatever reason then you would need to log in to your online account or ring customer services, depending on who your network is with.
Lis3
Apprentice
Options
Thank you loads for your help massive help im with vodaphone
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

For all those interested ,full process of switching provider and requesting PAC in the Ofcom Guide:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/switchi... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.