28-09-2023 02:26 PM - last edited 28-09-2023 02:29 PM
I've had Galaxy S4 and S5 for a long time and I've been perfectly satisfied (they were just lacking some power). I've recently gotten an S8 and I'm really disappointed to realize that:
- The default Message application cut long messages which is unbearable so I needed to install an application.
- There's no way to block a range of numbers any more (with the wildcard character) whereas illegal call centers will always be here so again, I needed to install an application.
- The scroll of the running applications is annoying because it automatically locks on one of the application and then lacks flexibility.
- The Bluetooth connection takes much more time to be established.
- The 4/3 camera resolution is annoying since, obviously, photos will almost always be displayed in 16/9 (usually on a monitor or a mobile).
- The curved screen is a pain because it's harder to take the mobile on a flat surface, it lowers the display quality on the edges (bad view angle) and it makes bad contacts with parts of the hand that is holding the mobile. Is it supposed to look nicer this way?? If it's the purpose then it's in my opinion a total failure. Moreover, a mobile is not a fashion accessory and the priority must be ergonomics. So you need to think before imitating competitors and make a ridiculous decline.
It may sound crazy but because of all these flaws I'm not even sure to like the S8 more than the S5. I would probably have gotten an iPhone instead if it wasn't necessary to use iTunes to transfer files by USB.
28-09-2023 03:09 PM in
28-09-2023 03:32 PM in
@Helix FR You say you recently acquired an S8, may I ask the source? In any case not really advisable as this model was released in 2017 and the last security update was in 2021. There was an unexpected update last year but this only related to GPS stability. https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s8_now_55_years_old_receives_a_new_firmware_update-
I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.
My Device- S21 Ultra 5G ( SM-998B/DS ) CSC= BTU , 12GB/256GB
One Ui 5.1,Android 13 .
28-09-2023 05:07 PM in