Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Badge count in-accurate. Icon numbers

(Topic created on: 22-03-2021 05:45 PM)
Adrianjones
Explorer
Options

I have started another thread as a moderator marked the last one as solved, and it's not!

Reading 1 message when you have other unread messages should not cause the count to go to zero.

It was fine in older OS's.  Not logical.

This is not a feature it is a hindrance.  I know of many people who will not buy Samsung because of this.

Samsung when are you going to fix?

10 REPLIES 10
Alan_M1
Student
Options

Agreed.  I just switched from an LG phone to Samsung and this "feature" is crazy.  The Samsung phone itself is awesome but I need to be able to glance at my phone and see how many unread emails I have.  Let's say I have 22 unread emails.  The banner shows I have 22 unread emails.  If I open email and read one then close email the banner used to turn to 21 but now it disappears until I get a new email.  Why should opening the email app remove the banner completely?  Once I get a new email the banner comes back, again showing how many unread emails I have.  The new functionality is useless.  At the least, development should give an option in settings to either keep the functionality working the way it was or to toggle to the new functionality. 

William1919
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for creating a new topic with not solved issue. 

I am using note 10+ and have just received update to Android 11. 

I was hoping Samsung have solve the issue, icon badges number  will appear when messages seen on app but not open. 

But sadly it still stay's aragonly the same "icon badges if remove from notification panel, badges are cleared."

Although from control panel not cleared, once you open the app but not read it will automatically clear notification from the control panel and number icons disappear. 

I wonder how difficult for Samsung to solve this issue.. I find thay they are very aragon, do not want to listen to the users.

It's been 5 years since after the upgarde on S8, until now stays the same issue.

I don't know how to bring this up anymore, as i was blocked from their Instagram accounts becuase i keep on posting this complain but they did not respond. Including Korea's Samsung official account.

I just don't know how to deal with this complains anymore. I was thinking to bring this up to a top youtubers, so it will bring to their attention. 

But i try contacting unbox threapy to Lew, did not have a respond. 

I hope someone can bring this matter up, to corner Samsung about this issue. 

All android phone, only Samsung's software system is have this issue. 

Really out of words, for 5 years i have been complaining. But until now, still no changes. Samsung ignore users opinion, what they are today is because of us. But from a user complain they ignore, that is why i said how aragon they are and feel sorry for us.

Anyway since then, like i mention Samsung is not my daily drive phone because of that missing notification. 

I hope for all of your support to bring this issue to Samsung's attention.

https://twitter.com/_williamhasan_/status/1352965367879004164?s=08

If you have the same issue, please tweet or do something about it to get Samsung's attention. 

Thank you. 

tobefullyalive
Journeyman
Options

Even though I am not a fan of the company running Apple, I will be switching to an iphone as soon as I have this samsung phone paid off.  This feature (or lack thereof) is a deal breaker for me.  I spoke with samsung, who told me it isn't on their end, but on the android system as a whole.  So..it is an android system issue.  So that means, I can't switch from samsung to another brand, because it will have the same issue.  So...that will mean goodbye for me...at least until they come to their senses and fix this issue.  For those of us who get dozens of texts and emails and/or do business with our phones, knowing the correct badge count is a necessity in order to stay on top of things and not lose track of which clients we still need to respond to.  

adej
Apprentice
Options
I don't believe other android phones behave the same way.
Anyway that's like saying - sorry your Hoover doesn't work, but we didn't make the motor!
tobefullyalive
Journeyman
Options

I totally agree with your point.  I said something to that effect when I spoke with the manager.  The company acts as if it has no control over the product it produces.  I see this as the sign of a poorly managed company.  Companies should take responsibility for the product they sell...and at the very least market it accurately.  If I would've known this about samsung, I would've never gotten the phone.  And I have yet to verify that other phones do the same thing.  Maybe they do, maybe they don't.  Either way, I can't stay with samsung.  Which is too bad...because I liked their phones.  They said they moved me to their "top" person to "fix' the issue.  Oddly, he said his google pixel was doing the same thing.  He said he hadn't ever noticed the issue before my call and that it must be an "android" thing.  Just wondering, why would a samsung manager have a google phone?  Just askin! :smiling-face:

0 Likes
adej
Apprentice
Options
maybe the Samsung staff all use iPhone 😃
0 Likes
Galaxy7
Journeyman
Options

Hello everyone

When Samsung is going to fix this ***** issue/regression in touchwiz???!!!

Is there some people on samsung who listen the customers feedbacks??!!!

We want the app badge like before oreo update with no link with the notification panel!!!

Ps: could you re add the feature to delay the sms sending ... it used to work well on Android kitkat... a time where Android & Samsung were better than today!

0 Likes
William1919
Apprentice
Options

You know i was thinking if anyone can make a link vote, we want the badge counting as used to be.

Send the link on Twitter, instagram and ask an influence youtuber to post it.

Maybe that will get samsung's attention..

I have been complaining for years, and waiting every update to be back as it is. 

I just lost hope about it.. hopefully someone will things right about this.

Cheers..

Adrianjones
Explorer
Options

I'm not that SocialM savvy if you want to post I will join in - Let Me know !