Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

App updates have become ridiculous

(Topic created on: 21-11-2023 10:52 AM)
Strat621
Pioneer
Options
The daily app updates on my A14 have gone from irritating to annoying and are now just ridiculous. Every day they arrive, some only a short time after a similar update. Today I've got three, one is for Youtube that I only updated 6 days ago!! Now that's just silly. I don't know who is sending all these out, but it's way over the top. Is there any way I can opt out? I want to update things, but not the same one every few days!
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Neo001
Legend
Options

In Google Play Store and Galaxy Store Settings you can choose turn off auto updates and update 1 every few days/weeks manually.

Screenshot_20231121_121412_Google Play Store.jpg

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Solution
Neo001
Legend
Options

In Google Play Store and Galaxy Store Settings you can choose turn off auto updates and update 1 every few days/weeks manually.

Screenshot_20231121_121412_Google Play Store.jpg

0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Mostly Google play store, you can update one day and get another one the next day for the same app. Google messages is the worse for getting one, iv'e often gt two in the same day for that app, told Google and they said it's the developer who issue a update for the apps.
0 Likes
Strat621
Pioneer
Options
Thanks Neo. I think I may have misjudged what the automatic updates setting is for. I have it set to update over wi fi because I thought it meant that the updates would automatically download themselves. Are you saying that it means they will appear on screen and then I download them and if I turn off the setting then they won't appear?
0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

If you open Google Play Store, available updates will be shown. What I have observed is that auto update does not always work.

Best to check for updates manually once a week or so.

Strat621
Pioneer
Options
Will do thank you.
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Personally I would set the apps to update automatically over wi-fi so you don't have to deal with them.

I would always want the latest and most secure apps available.
0 Likes
Strat621
Pioneer
Options
Thanks Piperdog, I've set it to update automatically via wi fi but they aren't updating!
0 Likes