Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 4.3 or higher update for Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini?

(Topic created on: 15-11-2021 02:01 PM)
DaveM3
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

is Samsung releasing an official update to Android 4.3 or higher for the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini? The Android version is currently stuck at 4.2.2. There are some dodgy updates or mods out there on the internet but I like to have an official update. This phone is still good for my use. I don't use it for gaming. Only the android version is outdated for a security app. Buying a new one would be simple but expensive solution for one app but phones have become bigger now and I like a small phone that I can always take with me.

Come on Samsung, let's save the world from more electronic waste and use electronic devices longer!

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@DaveM3: I wasn't able to verify the latest available Android version for the Galaxy S3 Mini, unfortunately. All I can suggest is heading to Settings > About Phone (this may be called About Device) > Software Update > Update, to check for any available updates in your region. As you have pointed out, please avoid downloading unofficial, third party updates, as this can lead to performance and compatibility issues in some instances. 

0 Likes
DaveM3
Apprentice
Options

It was already automatically updated over-the-air to the latest version 4.2.2. But i did it manually and 4.2.2 is really the latest version. Also I tried using the windows app Kies for firmware updates but that said that I already had the latest firmware on my phone which is version PDA:PG1 / CSC:PB2 / PHONE:PI1 (PHN)

0 Likes