Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEIRD DARK MODE ON S21U

(Topic created on: 25-10-2023 05:45 PM)
Toninello
Pioneer
Options

I've searched this problem with various apps and this is the result:

[ GOOD means that the dark mode is black, like on any other phone (Xiaomi, Sharp tested)

BAD means that the dark mode is grey, but if you take a screenshot it is seen as black on any other phone, though it is seen grey on S21U ]

Of course, I would like to have all apps in BLACK, not grey

GOOD BAD
Instagram Facebook
Nova Launc Goo Photo
Accubattery Goo Keep
Excel Simplenote
Messenger Whatsapp
Yahoo Mail Goo Contacts
X Goo Messages
Telephone Goo Chrome
Camera Goo Transl
Settings Goo Files
TikTok Goo Maps
Radio24 Google
Youtube Music Spotify
  Playstore
  Youtube
19 REPLIES 19
Toninello
Pioneer
Options

I'm afraid I need a genius

I'm sorry I can't give you more arguments than reality 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/i-need-a-genius/td-p/8439549?src=ShareByUserCM

0 Likes
Toninello
Pioneer
Options

I'm afraid it's not down to the app, because of the screenshot issue

You can look also here

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/dark-mode-on-s21u/m-p/8431978#M53662

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Just so you know, apps can and do behave differently on different chipsets within android, let alone between different brands. And yes this includes cosmetics, so the colour differences you see will purely be based on what the application decides. I mentioned before, Google apps, they rarely use pure black anywhere. Samsung apps tend to be pure black in dark mode, but again as I stated before, it'll be determined by the app.
0 Likes
Toninello
Pioneer
Options

You are missing the difference between the screen and the screenshot

Look more carefully at the pics in the link I sent

Moreover, I had everything right in the beginning and then that's what came out after changing settings, though I don't remember  what

There's never a simple useless solution 

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Your screenshots show me nothing unusual. If you look, neither phone uses a full black backdrop in any of those apps you show, the only differences are colouration which isn't unusual between completely different brands.
0 Likes
Toninello
Pioneer
Options

you cannot see the difference between the pure black screenshot and the grey screen?

That's really strange

Are you looking at reality or just want to affirm your theory?

My problem is not to show a ghost problem, my problem is to be able to see pictures with the right dynamic range on my phone

If you don't have a solution, please, don't insist with theories, thank you very much

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I can, and that's the problem you have. You clearly can't see that neither phone is pure back, especially in the Yahoo mail settings. Yes, it's darker on your right phone, but it isn't pure black. I can clearly see the same separations from both phones exactly the same. What doesn't help is using a photo with less than ideal lighting conditions to try to emphasise the differences.
0 Likes
Toninello
Pioneer
Options

Correct, that's the reason you don't see the pure black on the right phone, they are photos, but on the right is all pure black!

But the right phone is a Xiaomi with amoled display and I can assure you that the screenshots can be seen in pure black on the Xiaomi, while they continue to be grey on the S21U

I have the same apps on the Xiaomi and on the S21U

As I clearly said, Yahoo mail and other apps appear exactly the same way, with pure black, on both phones, other apps appear grey on S21U, while ALL apps appear in pure black on Xiaomi (and Sharp, and Cubot ... which also see the screenshots in pure black)

So, it's not down to the apps, that's for sure

As I said, I need to put that right in the S21U settings, and sooner or later someone or myself will help me to do that

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
It's not pure black... I can see it in the photo, the screenshots will be even more obvious, you aren't proving anything other than a shading difference. If you look at the settings screen from yahoo, there are partitions between the information boxes. On the right phone you can clearly see them and the "pure black" seperstion between them, exactly the same as on the S21 on the left side.
0 Likes
Toninello
Pioneer
Options

I said Yahoo mail no difference, just pure black on both phones.

There's no shadow, just black and grey. You are losing your time :smiling-face:

0 Likes