Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super fast charging no longer available

(Topic created on: 06-04-2024 04:28 PM)
Kinkinzz
First Poster
Options
Has anyone's phone stopped super fast charging since the UI 6 update? I had one large update and a smaller one about 5 days later and after the smaller one my phone no longer recognises any of my cables and won't super fast charge. Nothing else has changed. It's so peculiar. 

Thanks!
35 REPLIES 35
AtshaamY
Options

Hey @Kinkinzz.

Make sure that you're using a genuine Samsung charger plug and cable, as using a third party charger won't charge the battery properly. This would result in the battery eventually draining and not lasting as long as it should.

Also, Fast Charging may not be enabled in your settings, so it would be worth checking this if you haven't already. Go into Settings > Battery and device care > Battery > More battery settings > Toggle on Fast charging.

0 Likes
M0deratrix
First Poster
Options

Both my husband and I noticed this issue as well, so I replaced our SAMSUNG charging cables as well as the plugs for both of us and checked our settings. Our settings are still set to fast charge enabled and neither new plug/cable is providing us a fast charge. So 15% is taking 25 minutes. Also, we noticed that the cable can now only face one direction when plugged into the phones or it does nothing at all or slow charges taking over an hour for 15%. (Please note the slow charge is from a non-Samsung fast cord, not plug)

mikey1234567890
First Poster
Options
My phone won't allow me turn fast charging on, it is greyed out. Why? I'm using proper cables and plug
cyby
First Poster
Options
My phone won't charge super fast or fast charge after last update
Mygod
First Poster
Options

My phone does not recognize the super fast charger after samsung update today. Fast charging in battery settings is toggled on.  I hope this can be resolved 

SamsangFraud
Journeyman
Options

https://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s22_series_45w_charging_doesnt_really_make_a_difference-news-5...

Looks like Samsung pulled it off devices because they were about to get caught up. Looks like they haven't been sued for this yet. If this is the case, I've paid extra to ensure I've had a super fast charger. If the testing is legit, samsung HAS to be hit with a class action. THEY ARE THE KINGS OF DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICES AND SUBVERSIVE ACTIVITY WITH RETURNS AND WARRANTIES. 

chompyChimp
Apprentice
Options
Exactly my thinking. Bored of the excuses about cables and cleaning ports when this is clearly an issue with the last update as being shown across many platforms. Maybe a higher profile media release would get some proper answers
Nilloyd
First Poster
Options

Hi,

My phone stopped fast charging not long after some updates, and started having cable issues too.

thank you

THEREALDEAL
First Poster
Options
This is an absolute disgrace Samsung needs another update to sort this fiasco ASAP
0 Likes