Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sly sneaky scammers that are Samsung! AVOID!

(Topic created on: 25-07-2023 01:31 AM)
Scoobs222
Voyager
Options

So after the june/july updates, I have found 2 people I personally know that have the exact same problem as me and many many others that I've read on forums, I have the s21 ultra as does my cousin, who uses it for his surgery and my friend has a s21. The problem is the phone is restarting randomly, on all 3 phones the same bloody issue. I've spoken to samsung and they say it's a motherboard problem on mine and my cousins (LOL) funny it should happen straight after an update! They knew from the error reports apparently, so why is the updates causing motherboard issues?? 

My cousin got exactly the same reply and my friend is still waiting for his report. This is very bad and sly samsung I know exactly what you're doing! It's not the motherboard at all! You only say that as NO ONE will spend £350 plus on fitting a new motherboard onto a phone that's worth less than the motherboard! For that price you could literally buy a good condition secondhand s21U phone. Its a fob off, its 100% a software issue, they ruin phones after updates on purpose, just look through these forums and half of the issues are update related, they've been doing this in Italy too for which they got fined millions for. They want you to fix it with them, making them tonnes of money or getting rid of the two year old phone and buying a new one, making them tonnes more, it's a win-win situation for samsung. I will not let this slide and I'm in the process of taking samsung to court, well my cousin (who's a surgeon) is but I'm with him all the way, it will take a while but in the end it will be worth it. I'm gathering as much evidence as possible and as many victims as possible. So if your phone messed up after an update, shortly after the two year warranty was over please inbox me or email me at my samsung username (dont worry about costs, my cousin has a very good legal team).

Over the past few months they ruined almost 2000 pounds worth of my devices (watch 4 Pro and s21U) which is unacceptable! Even the younger South Koreans are moving onto the iPhone and that says something! Its 2023, updates really shouldnt be messing up so many phones, technology is advancing not regressing. Samsung make good phones but they're very underhanded and sly, in terms of making sure some people's phones don't last more than two years so you buy a replacement, its called planned obsolescence if you dont believe me. Enough is enough, samsung will pay for this, I've made it my mission, it's become personal now.
40 REPLIES 40
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Your just complaining about money like you want it done for nothing. Your jumping in peoples legitimate questions trying to get them to sue. Just block me from your threads
G G
0 Likes
Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
I'm telling people to sue because the same problem is happening to them as myself, problems after updates, that's a legitimate issue! Go on reddit or read through posts on here and see how many people are having the exact same issues then tell me I haven't got a point!! Something fishy is obviously going on here. And I will carry on warning people until this scam is fixed and the only way samsung will learn is through bad publicity and big fines.
0 Likes
AntS
Options

@Scoobs222 ,

Fascinating. And sad that you've had the experience you've had and feel the way you do.

Both my S10 along with my dad’s J6 are out of warranty and must’ve been somehow missed off Samsung’s alleged  destructo-update list to force us to upgrade  to the latest and greatest. I wonder how that happened? 🤨 Not as if we both aren’t known to Samsung – I work for them of course; and he regularly gets promo emails trying to persuade him to upgrade to the super-shiny new stuff. And we’re just the tip of a large iceberg of users of older devices that haven’t received an alleged planned kill switch. (Unless you mean that Samsung just had it in for you, your cousin, and your friend?) 

Posting this from the 2018 Guardian article you linked to in another thread: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/oct/24/apple-samsung-fined-for-slowing-down-phones:

'A Samsung spokesperson said the company was disappointed by the decision and intends to appeal the fine: “Samsung did not issue any software update that reduced the Galaxy Note 4’s performance. In contrast, Samsung has always released software updates enabling our customers to have the best experience possible.”'

Of course, that’s the intent from the Samsung side. Updates in the wild can and do go wrong in some cases; with a few variables at play (e.g. regional origin; network build/additions; user device setup; installed apps…). It’s one of the main reasons why we ask for all those error reports with software log files (and any supporting evidence demonstrating the issue if possible), for example: helps identify at which point something’s gone awry in that specific instance.

Generally speaking, the problem I’ve found with "conspiracy" theories is that they overestimate human intelligence whilst massively underestimating the capacity for human error. I’ve been around in the world enough to be able to confidently say that the vast majority of stuff going wrong or breaking happens not as a result of some dastardly plan, but as a result of physics, randomness, or because people make mistakes and/or are varying degrees of idiot at times.

Your theory also falls down as it works on the underlying assumption that it's a given at Samsung that anyone with a Samsung phone that's broken or otherwise gone wrong will automatically buy a new Samsung phone or get it repaired... which they don't – and Samsung, in fact, are fully aware of that. The investment into creating an extensive customer support system (of which this Community and its users is a small part of) is intended to help try to offset that movement towards another brand.

As for your apparent solution to it all: legal action might be the best for some and in some cases, but they’re not a magic bullet that cures all. From the cost, stress, uncertainty of outcome – sometimes it just doesn’t outweigh the alternatives.

Appreciate that things have gone wrong with your Samsung products – and if I could fix them for you I’d gladly do so. And I’m not going to dissuade you or anyone else from taking a legal action route if you really feel that’s the best way forwards for you in your situation. But please be aware that “Take them to court!” is not an answer to all problems or the one that all other Community users are seeking in other topics, and try to be smarter and more considerate in your contributions here.

Cheers.

Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
Where did I say every phone will be effected? That would be too blatant and samsung would go out of business within 3 months, you're just being ridiculous aren't you.. and if you read on this forum or reddit, it's CLEAR to see its not just me, my cousin and friend who's been effected is it, there's possibly thousands who've had this exact same issue so stop being so patronising and sarcastic. And that article was from 2018, a whole 5 years ago, samsung could easily mess up phones now but in another way.

And it wasn't just my phone, my watch 4 pro got BRICKED after an update, that's two devices worth thousands down the drain in a year and you think that's acceptable from a company like samsung? 👍 👍 👍
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Well, I can be ridiculous. 😉 But I'm trying to be more the voice of reason in this instance. You're going to need more than just numbers, posts on forums, and an angry attitude to win a court case against the might of a multinational Goliath like Samsung.

You’ve yet to put forward a plausible theory as to how Samsung would target only some of the devices in any particular product range with an intentional software kill switch, and how it affects differently in some of the cases that you've commented on.

You've not really answered how sabotaging possibly thousands of perfectly fine devices is a solid marketing strategy and surefire way to get people to buy Samsung again.

You've also assumed that updates are only worked on by Samsung, which very much isn't the case for Samsung's Android-based smartphones, smartwatches, and tablets. Android create the initial firmware, Samsung add their bit, the networks (if it's an LTE device) add their bit, and the whole thing then goes back and forth between them all a few times before release. So, are you sure that Samsung are the culprits?

And speaking of that, apart from the mentions of Apple and Samsung, you've largely overlooked that other manufacturers also have their share of issues after updates - which a visit to forums about their devices shows. Are they all intentionally sabotaging their products to make you buy their newer ones too?

Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
So samsung fanboys, would you care to explain what these issues are that droves of people are having with the s21 that not even a factory reset solves?????? Acknowledge the fact SAMSUNG HAVE MESSED UP PHONES VIA UPDATES!!
0 Likes
AntS
Options

@Scoobs222 wrote:
Where did I say every phone will be effected? That would be too blatant and samsung would go out of business within 3 months, you're just being ridiculous aren't you.. and if you read on this forum or reddit, it's CLEAR to see its not just me, my cousin and friend who's been effected is it, there's possibly thousands who've had this exact same issue so stop being so patronising and sarcastic. And that article was from 2018, a whole 5 years ago, samsung could easily mess up phones now but in another way.

And it wasn't just my phone, my watch 4 pro got BRICKED after an update, that's two devices worth thousands down the drain in a year and you think that's acceptable from a company like samsung? 👍 👍 👍

Adding this:

The Watch4 series runs on WearOS Powered by Samsung: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/wear-os/, which is firmware built by both Google and Samsung.

And is this the same Watch4 that you posted about in December last year where you said that you got it from eBay, couldn’t get hold of the original receipt as Proof of Purchase to verify a warranty claim to get it repaired, and accused Samsung of “pulling a fast one” for even making a request for that documentation?

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/wearables/watch-4-classic-dead-after-update-samsung-trying-to-pu...

@Scoobs222 wrote:

I sent my dead phone back and now they want to see proof of original purchase, I got it off ebay a year ago and its still in warranty, can you advice please? I can't get hold off original receipt. Thanks 

Scoobs22.jpg

If so, do you know that Watch4’s history prior to you getting it or even if it’s a genuine Samsung product?

And it appears you’re quite unlucky when it comes to your purchase documentation, as apparently you weren’t able to get your hands on it for your S7 Edge too back in 2018: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/other-smartphones/samsung-s7-edge-camera-malfunction/m-p/713312

Throwing insults at me and others won’t help. Your cousin’s legal team will ask you (and others) all of the questions I’ve asked in this topic too (and more) if they’re as decent a legal team as you claim, as they ought to anticipate that the ones they’ll need to face to prove the case.

The burden of proof is on the one making the argument. You’ve repeatedly accused Samsung of shady behaviour and intentionally breaking some of their products via software updates to make them unworkable in order to force people to buy the newest Samsung products. It’s up to you and your cousin’s legal team to prove that case: that it’s true and accurate, there’s intent and what the motivation and method for it is.

Apart from the online tantrum and insults, so far all you’ve shown here is:

• An unfortunate tendency of not having purchase documentation when you want to make a warranty claim;
  • A bizarre attempt to portray a request for documentation in order to verify a claim as being shady;
  • At least one of the Samsung products of yours that went wrong was purchased from eBay;
  • Vague reference to internet forum posts you claim possibly run into the thousands of definite instances of the same alleged sabotaging by Samsung;
  • The ICA’s judgement on Apple and Samsung in 2018 regarding software updates that the ICA alone deemed to have deliberately slow a device’s performance in comparison to when they were released and to newer devices – a judgement which Samsung categorically denied as being true and stated they would appeal.

Your argument here has more holes than a Tetley teabag.

Can’t say that you’ve filled me with any confidence that you and your cousin’s legal team could get success for me in court if I were someone whose product had gone wrong. And it would’ve been a fair amount of time and money of people’s that you’ll have wasted on something you promised but failed to deliver on too. Are you going to compensate them for it? Your track record of misplacing documentation and public instance of trying to twist it around to say that the other party is dodgy for even requesting it doesn’t really engender all that much trust that you’ll do right by folks.

You need to do better.

Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
But other devices aren't costing £1200 plus are they? If I'm paying premium prices I expect premium devices. If they're going to mess up like this after 2 years then there's no way they should be charging eat they are. Either way I will give samsung as much bad publicity as I possibly can. How else do would you explain this restart issue after update if it wasn't a samsung issue? Its definitely not an isolated case that's for sure! There's many many posts on here and reddit regarding this.. that's only the people that have bothered to to post about it!
0 Likes
AntS
Options

@Scoobs222 wrote:
But other devices aren't costing £1200 plus are they? If I'm paying premium prices I expect premium devices. If they're going to mess up like this after 2 years then there's no way they should be charging eat they are. Either way I will give samsung as much bad publicity as I possibly can. How else do would you explain this restart issue after update if it wasn't a samsung issue? Its definitely not an isolated case that's for sure! There's many many posts on here and reddit regarding this.. that's only the people that have bothered to to post about it!

As I said above, there can be a variety of factors that can cause something to go wrong in any given instance, and so investigation is needed and information gathered in order to determine the cause and resolution.

I could also add that even newly released products that cost north of £1000 can and do have things go wrong with them too. And even a casual observer can see that forums tend to be very active with all sorts of issues and queries just after a product release when people get them in hand - especially premium/flagship products such as the various S, Note, or Z ranges; or even other brand devices. They're also usually the most intensively active in the following few weeks/months. So, are Samsung deliberately breaking their newly released products to force people to buy their newly released products too?

‘Things going wrong = definite sabotage to force people to buy new’ doesn’t logically follow or is evidentially true.

You've taken things going wrong, leapt to a conclusion, and repeatedly accused Samsung of being underhand and of intentional product sabotage for the purposes of forcing people to buy newer Samsung products. It’s all a bit bizarre… until someone reads your posting history here and discovers your rather strange take on what “sly, sneaky, scamming” behaviour is.

Who is more likely to be “pulling a fast one”?

• An organisation requesting documentation and proof when verifying a claim made by someone?

Or:

• Someone who repeatedly can’t provide that information when requested, and accuses the requester of foul play and dodgy behaviour?

I think most would agree that, for example, an insurance company or a government department requesting proof and documentation for verification of something isn’t in any way doing anything shady; but rather that someone who’s accusing them of that probably has something to hide and is angry about being prevented from fraudulent or dishonest behaviour. Not necessarily saying that you are being fraudulent or dishonest, but it is very odd that you’d frame a perfectly reasonable request the way you did, and then go on to leap to a conclusion and further accusations along the same lines that the same organisation is “sly, sneaky scammers”.

Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
Stop defending the indefensible, you must work for samsungs PR team, of course you must know the updates are causing issues.. yes they were trying to pull a fast one, if its still in warranty, why would they need the receipt, with apple watches it's not like that, it just needs to be in warranty, my watch 4 pro got bricked after an update, which happened to alot of other people and yes I did eventually manage to get hold of the receipt and samsung accepted it was their fault, so stop trying to make out like I bought a faulty watch when it was samsungs incompetence, it was new in a box!

And are you seriously telling me these latest updates haven't messed up phones and making them randomly restart??? So all these people on reddit and here just be lieing too, we all must be fraudsters huh! Don't worry about burden of proof, my cousin know what he's doing, my job is to get as many people to give evidence as possible, I have a dozen or so and growing by the week, once I get around 50 people, it won't be so hard to prove what's going on, hopefully we will get a professional independent team to go through the software to see what the issues are. There's far too many people with this restarting issue after this update for you to say it's an isolated incidence. There's only one product I didn't have the receipt for and that's the s7 edge so what are you on about.

Of course samsung would deny any shady business, 2hat planet are you from? And what happened with the appeal from 2018? Exactly! Nice try and defending samsung, you're good ill give you that but it's clear to see samsung are messing up phones, even stevie wonder can see that
0 Likes