Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen keeps freezing

(Topic created on: 05-02-2022 03:11 PM)
kellyD
Journeyman
Options
Anyone else having trouble with there s20fe freezing on the home screen? It's started happening since I updated the phone? I can pull down menu at the top but it won't let me click on any apps or go on main menu. Have to restart phone to sort it out. 
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Beth_S
Pathfinder
Options

That shouldn't be happening @kellyD. Try turning your phone off and removing the SIM. Then, after a few seconds put your SIM back into your phone, and turn it back on again. 

If that doesn't help, you may want to try putting your phone into Safe Mode as this will tell you if it's an app causing the issue. Check this out: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/

0 Likes
xtiancore
First Poster
Options

this is also happening to me. twice already in 5 days. i can pull notification tab aand also hold the recent apps. but cant click on any app icon or even close all the apps. this only happened after updating to android 12 s20 fe 5g

samxo
Journeyman
Options
This has also been happening to me have tried sim out etc and still happens
Kukkes
First Poster
Options

What should I do? I have already tried all your tips, and this keeps happening.

Sometimes it does this thing few times a day and it is pretty annoying especially when I am also using my phone for work.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Kukkes: Please try pressing the Volume Down and Side Keys together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. Don't worry, this won't affect your personal data or settings. Now, head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Optimise Now, followed by Memory > Clean Now. 

If the issue persists then please send an Error Report with accompanying System Log Data. To do this, please head to the Members app > Get Help > Error Report > Tap 'OK' to send System Log Data > Select the symptom, and include as much detail as possible. To ensure your logs accurately reflect the issue you're experiencing, we'd like you to submit your report within 5 minutes of encountering the problem. Our engineers will then investigate this and respond to you with a solution via the Members app. 

Hasan berkdar
Apprentice
Options

Same here s20 ultra I can pull the notifications bar and the sitting menu working but the home screen still freezing 

0 Likes
samxo
Journeyman
Options
None of this works I have also tried everything factory reset everytime I send a report they can't open it becoming joke
teonas21
First Poster
Options

I'm having this exact same issue with my S20 FE and nothing has fixed it. I still don't know what's causing it. 

0 Likes
Loutch28
First Poster
Options

Mine is doing it when I hit the power button to turn on the screen! Probably 20x a day. I hit the button and instead of waking up my screen, it stays dark and frozen for about 15-30 seconds, then it blips and it's fine. Also, if I turn my phone off, it freezes when I restart it. I'm so afraid it's not going to restart that I don't ever power it down. The side button issue started about a week ago and the powering down problem started 3-4 months ago. 

0 Likes